Just a 20 mile wide viewpoint on SSE

z3nb4st4rd

I understand that SSE is only going on 5 years compared to 9 for LE. I recently decided to make the switch while I am stuck home under quarantine and have nothing better to do than mod the s#*! out of LE until it finally broke in ways which were not east to fix.

So I said screw it, I am going to bite the bullet and switch to SSE. I was already an SSE convert on XBox One and was impressed with the mods and stability on that platform. Coming back to PC over the last few years I decide to stick with LE for a while. I also got off of NMM for obvious reasons. I never saw the reason to work through the pain of MO and only recently went with Vortex which seemed to work intuitively and as advertised.

I suppose it is too much to ask that all of my core mods were going to survive the porting process unscathed. There seem to be problems across the board as far as getting clothing mods to function with Bodyslide, Racemenu Morphs, HDT/SMP, etc. The physics work ok (except hair) but I can't find an armor conversion that can keep up with in game racemenu morphs. I have seen everything from extreme clipping to armor which conforms to the morph targets , but the underlying body defaults to something else entirely. It seems like small potatoes but it is really breaking my immersion.

I guess the main question is: Are most of these problems related to the respective mod authors needing to iron out bugs or is it something inherent in Vortex or something? Should I just go back to LE and wait for ultimate gaming goodness?

I understand that SSE is only going on 5 years compared to 9 for LE. I recently decided to make the switch while I am stuck home under quarantine and have nothing better to do than mod the s*** out of LE until it finally broke in ways which were not east to fix.

So I said screw it, I am going to bite the bullet and switch to SSE. I was already an SSE convert on XBox One and was impressed with the mods and stability on that platform. Coming back to PC over the last few years I decide to stick with LE for a while. I also got off of NMM for obvious reasons. I never saw the reason to work through the pain of MO and only recently went with Vortex which seemed to work intuitively and as advertised.

I suppose it is too much to ask that all of my core mods were going to survive the porting process unscathed. There seem to be problems across the board as far as getting clothing mods to function with Bodyslide, Racemenu Morphs, HDT/SMP, etc. The physics work ok (except hair) but I can't find an armor conversion that can keep up with in game racemenu morphs. I have seen everything from extreme clipping to armor which conforms to the morph targets , but the underlying body defaults to something else entirely. It seems like small potatoes but it is really breaking my immersion.

I guess the main question is: Are most of these problems related to the respective mod authors needing to iron out bugs or is it something inherent in Vortex or something? Should I just go back to LE and wait for ultimate gaming goodness?

No, there's something on your end that's not 'right' because you shouldn't be seeing ANY of that.

I'm guessing you are missing a skeleton you need, or are using mismatched Armors with the wrong Body Type, such as UNP Armors with a CBBE body etc.

SSE and mods has been cruising along just fine, I use 315 mods at the moment for SSE.

Thanks for your feed back. I always use the latest skeleton XPMSEEEEE or whatever. The B&B physics are flawless on the nude body. HDT hair will stretch to the ground or CTD. Its the BHUNP and available clothing mods that seems to be at odds. With LE I could always count on clothing mods to scale back to whatever morphs I was using with BHUNP body. Now it seems like the latest available skimpy clothing/armor conversions with HDT, Bodyslide etc. will conform to whatever racemenu morphs I have applied, but the underlying body will be scaled back to some different weight setting or whatever. Just picture big steel nipple cups floating and bouncing in front of a flat chest. LOL. I have tried different profiles to fix this. I will probably just wipe everything and as a last resort just go back to CBBE. Thank you for your response and I welcome any further input you have.

Thanks for your feed back. I always use the latest skeleton XPMSEEEEE or whatever. The B&B physics are flawless on the nude body. HDT hair will stretch to the ground or CTD. Its the BHUNP and available clothing mods that seems to be at odds. With LE I could always count on clothing mods to scale back to whatever morphs I was using with BHUNP body. Now it seems like the latest available skimpy clothing/armor conversions with HDT, Bodyslide etc. will conform to whatever racemenu morphs I have applied, but the underlying body will be scaled back to some different weight setting or whatever. Just picture big steel nipple cups floating and bouncing in front of a flat chest. LOL. I have tried different profiles to fix this. I will probably just wipe everything and as a last resort just go back to CBBE. Thank you for your response and I welcome any further input you have.

The problems you're having sound exclusive to you, so something isn't installed right

OK, for BHUNP, have you installed all of the REQUIRED mods for it?

Requirements

Oh yeah, I have all the required mods and reinstalled some of them as necessary. Vortex acts weird sometimes ie plugins will get disabled, deployment will be delayed, it will report external changes to files only after several restarts. It just does not behave like it does with LE. I love the way SSE runs, It seems crash proof and everything is snappy such as load doors and inventory menus and such. I can never go back to LE, SSE feels like a new computer and video card but some of these mods seem unruly.

• 2 weeks later...