Ultimate follower overhaul bug: followers don't follow.

clockwork353

So, I installed the ultimate follower overhaul thing and up til now it's been pretty good.

There's just one problem.

I recently told Lydia to stay near me and not fight because I had problems with her trying to murder the draconic leader of the greybeards. Afterward, she followed me off the mountain just fine, but when I told her to go back to fighting she stopped following me. She still speaks as though she were a companion, but she just stands in one spot.

Please help.

I'd suggest searching the UFO release thread for similar instances of the problem and seeing what was suggested to fix it. If you don't find a similar instance of the problem using topic search then you can ask the mod creator directly about your issue there. Creators of popular mods often have their hands full answering questions in just their release thread, many do not have the time to go and search for every question posted on the forums about their mod as well.

I have a fix for you.... dismiss all of your followers then go to Riverwood and find the light bug. Talk to the light bug 3 times then uninstall UFO, "save" then re-install UFO, and you should be good. You should still glance at the uninstall procedure for UFO.

Thanks. Tried it and it worked.

• 2 years later...

I have same problem but couldn't find "light bug" in Riverwood.

I have a fix for you.... dismiss all of your followers then go to Riverwood and find the light bug. Talk to the light bug 3 times then uninstall UFO, "save" then re-install UFO, and you should be good. You should still glance at the uninstall procedure for UFO.