BUG. Dead Ice Wraith attached to feet... Any ideas?

GrumpyTanky

There is a sticky topic right at the beginning of this forum for this exact type of bug. Nobody seems to see it though. People keep coming on here with problems that already have solutions posted. That is only one of many problems that can happen with persistent spell effects. Check that topic for any similiar spell-related bugs.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

In my case, none of the suggested remedies here in this topic helped me. Then I went to the Temple of Kynareth and used the shrines added by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (clear unwanted visual effects), and it removed the dead ice wraith. If you have this problem, install that mod (it should be installed anyway - this mod cures a zillion bugs) and visit the Whiterun Temple of Kynareth post haste.

There is a sticky topic right at the beginning of this forum for this exact type of bug. Nobody seems to see it though. People keep coming on here with problems that already have solutions posted. That is only one of many problems that can happen with persistent spell effects. Check that topic for any similiar spell-related bugs.

Only because this was brought back to the front page again, i would like to say....The Post you are referring to, was posted after this thread was started. This happens a lot because Google will point people to a thread that is years old.

The Sticky (the post you are referring to) was started JAN of 13...THIS topic was started DEC of 12...:)...IF anyone reads the first page of this topic you will see that "Steve40" mentions he just Started the topic that is the "Sticky".

just sayin...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

The ice wraith attatched to player's feet was. for me, caused by a mod that changed what happened to dead ice wraiths. The mod turned them into a body rather than an ice pile. This particular mod is an optional file in the Posessive Corpses mod by Amgepo, a bug fix.

I should qualify this. The only place I had the Ice Wraith attatch to the feet was when exiting Clearsky Hideout, a house mod. The ice wraith outside the house appears to be already bugged.

Edited by garthagain

• 7 months later...

SOLUTION FOUND!!!

Alreet... I have found that this is the only solution so far! But it is a solution!

in the console:

player.addspell 000CAF8A

then type

player.removespell 000CAF8A

the player.sexchange command does not work, as soon as you reload a save the wraith is back... But the add and remove works perfectly!

I hope this helps others who have run into this issue! Happy hunting!

Worked! Thank you!

• 3 years later...