Vortex doesnt let me broadcast on steam

dxbladexd

Hi, I have been trying to play Mount and Blade II Bannerlord using Vortex while mod loaded but it doesnt let me broadcast for my friends on steam if I launch the game from Vortex. All they see is a white screen and thats all. The broadcast works fine if I load the game from steam.

So, Is there a fix for this? Can I just load the game from steam after I deploy the mods on Vortex and adjusting the mod load order on the game launcher?

Launch the game from Steam. You don't need Vortex running to launch and play your game. You need Vortex only to install and organize your mods.

While that might be true for most games, for Bannerlord you definitely want to run the game via Vortex so as to skip the game's launcher. That ensures the load order specified in Vortex is loaded by the game.

As for your issue, we would need as much information as possible: what mods are you using? what system are you on? Have you tried switching to fullscreen/windowed mode?

@BigBizkit

Thank you you for the very informative correction.

Bannerlord must be generating a lot of interest and excitement, judging from the numerous posts about it in this forum. I definitely need to take a look at this game.

@BigBizkit

Thank you you for the very informative correction.

Bannerlord must be generating a lot of interest and excitement, judging from the numerous posts about it in this forum. I definitely need to take a look at this game.

Same here, but I'm going to wait until it comes out of Early Access

Launch the game from Steam. You don't need Vortex running to launch and play your game. You need Vortex only to install and organize your mods.

While that might be true for most games, for Bannerlord you definitely want to run the game via Vortex so as to skip the game's launcher. That ensures the load order specified in Vortex is loaded by the game.

As for your issue, we would need as much information as possible: what mods are you using? what system are you on? Have you tried switching to fullscreen/windowed mode?

Sorry for the late reply, I am arranging the load order on the launcher as it was in the vortex and playing it. Will this cause problems though? Since I crashed like 2-3 times already.

I was using 3 mods: Fixed launcher, Detailed Character Creation and Full Body Sliders.

My system is windows 10 64 bit.

And no I havent tried to switch to fullscreen/windowed mode. I have been using borderless fullscreen option.

Sorry for the late reply, I am arranging the load order on the launcher as it was in the vortex and playing it. Will this cause problems though? Since I crashed like 2-3 times already.

I was using 3 mods: Fixed launcher, Detailed Character Creation and Full Body Sliders.

My system is windows 10 64 bit.

And no I havent tried to switch to fullscreen/windowed mode. I have been using borderless fullscreen option.

Don't sort your load order in Vortex, and in the Game Launcher as well.

You're making things worse for yourself.

Use Vortex for what it was created for

I've just had a little go with this and it seems the Steam Overlay isn't running when started via Vortex. We don't start the game through Steam, so to play with mods this way you'll need to use an alternate streaming tool.

I see. So there is no way I can use steam broadcasting while using vortex.

Thank you all for your help.