schnubbel76

I am looking for the perfect Player Home the last five years. Maybe someone can recommend me something.

(not a native english speaker, so.... sorry)

What i definitely need:

- A crafting area with everything from anvil to staff enchanter

- A display area, where i can put and show all the unique items, daedra relics, quest objects, unique weapons, everything

- A mannequin area/Armory to show at least 20 Mannequins for armors. (it should not go total crazy like some mods do with up to 100 Mannequins, breaks my game wihen all of them have 4k armors equipped)

- Space and Beds for at least 4 Followers, better 6 to 8.

- Should be big enough for all that, but still a bit cozy after all, no fortress, no big ass mansion

- performance friendly

What i do not need:

- Childrens bedrooms or anything about adoption

- castle size or fortress

- fancy fantasy style, flying homes, hobbit homes, tree houses

Wich homes do i know that came close:

- Lake Haven by cynndal; almost perfect, but the outside area near the falkreath woods kills my performance (drops to 40) and my followers always get stuck in the stairwell because it is to narrow. Also i would like to change the childrens room to a follower room.

- Rayeks End; almost perfect, but lacks room for follower and an armory/mannequins. Other than that, it is the perfect example of having everything in a small place, especially the items display and crafting area while being cozy.

- Elysium Estate; almost perfect, few performance issues and a little bit to dark

- Hearthfire Homes with some mods; i really could live with the hearthfire homes if some of their great mods would be compatible with each other. For example, there are two mods changing the basement. One adds a follower room, one adds an armory. I really would like to have both, but they use the same spot. There is also a display area mod, but as far as i know it uses also the same place in the basement.

I tried many more homes, but these were the ones closest to my needs. But all of them have some flaws for me.

I really would like to hear, if i have missed one, that would fit my needs?

J07994.md.png

I'm not well-versed in all the various player homes, but let me float an idea that you may turn out to enjoy. Build the Hearthfire home the way you want, but don't furnish it at all. Once the home and any towers/wings are built, take all the workbenches out. Use something like Jaxonz Positioner or Decorator Helper to put what you want where you want, including basement bunkrooms, forges, displays, etc. I do this by "shopping" in my travels around Skyrim, using the take or copy feature, and bringing my new furniture home. You can even place light sources, which is nice. The reason I suggest not building anything is a lot of it seems to also activate pretty terrible Hearthfire lighting.

My common Hearthfire play through includes Shezrie's kitchens, but that can also be something you do yourself. I just like how Shezrie did it, and it uses that formerly-useless back room, behind the fireplace. I make all 3 towers, then I furnish them all with beds, for my followers/guards/laborers, except the downstairs portions of the side wings, since the double doors make it hard to fit beds well. Those become offices, libraries, and/or restrooms. Weapons and armor are displayed on walls, shelving, and other furniture, without need for racks or plaques. Literally just stick them to the wall and position them how you want.

Even if this turns out not to be your thing, you might find the experiment fun.

Thanks for the reply and advice.

I already use Jaxzonz Positioner, and thought about that.

But the problem is, it reacts so horribly slow. I guess because of all the other around 500 mods, many scripted ones.

When i select an object, it takes about 7 to 10 seconds before i can even interact with it (move, take, copy, whatever). An entire home decoration would take a very long time this way.

Other thing is, as far as i know, Jaxzonz tool does not work with some more complex things like mannequins for example, because they use their own scripts.

And last of all, i would still need some more expansion space in the hearthfire homes. Like one big room more in the basement. There are other empty home mods for decorating, wich could be good but still, decorating would take a horrible amount of time and may not even work with every object. And i had to start over for every new playthrough.

I already thought about learning the creation kit and build my own home mod from scratch, but for whatever strange reason, steam does not start the creation kit. I can download, install but when i start it, it takes 5 seconds wating and then nothing happens. Did not find a solution, but it drives me crazy. I know building my own home with that tool would not even be fun to me. But not being able to try in the first place sucks.

I dont know if you recognize it, but i am a little bit desperate. :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by schnubbel76

I've spent a lot of time looking for the same thing. The best one I've found is Skyfall Estate, although Hemlock Hall from Bethesda runs a close second. Skyfall Estate comes in two versions: prebuilt and a buildable edition. It has the most complete trophy room I've seen. The Armory is big but not too big. This is a big assed mansion, but it doesn't feel like one. It does have everything you said you needed. There is also a very large room for followers. I never furnish that room but I think it has room for ten. The stairwells are wide. Your followers are not going to get stuck in them. If you want to furnish the basement, you can put another 20 or so down there. You can teleport into the home and also fast travel from the inside the house. It also has unload containers for crafting supplies, soul gems, ingredients and food which are very useful. When you craft something the materials you put in those containers are automatically loaded so you don't have to run around to various containers to gather supplies. The Estate is conveniently located across the road from Honningbrew Meadery.

Another thing I like about this player home. It is one big roomy house. You can go from the crafting area to the armory to the trophy room with out having to pass through doors that load that section. In each of the three "came close" homes that you mentioned above you have you to pass through doors that load that section.

I recommend the buildable version because you also get with that version a vendor at the Bannered Mare, the man who sold you the house, who stocks a quarter million septims worth of building and crafting supplies. The house includes a vendor/domestic servant and two male followers. The buildable version lets you select which of those you have. The estate has four floors, but I never furnish the basement. No need to. Also with the buildable version you can find a container on the top floor with all the building supplies you need to completely furnish the Estate.

If your having performance issues this might not work for you. I threw out my Xbox X and replaced it with an HP Omen with an i9 processor because my Xbox would crash when trying to get into this house.

btw I'm always looking for good mods, especially player homes. So I gave Lake Haven, Rayek's End and Elysium Estate a look.

The Hoarders Chest it has all the crafting stations (even staffs) lots of mannequins and weapon racks,auto sorting,and displays for dadric items,dragon priest masks,elderscrolls,black books, claws,and any other thing you might want stored/displayed. its also only one room,and you can enter it from anywhere (once you find it and get the teleport spell)

all in all,its my go to home mod,and though it does not check all your requirements,l still recomend you check it out and give it a try!

Edited by skyrimlover1212

Thanks for these two referrals. I love trying new mods. I see definite potential with Hoarders Chest. I need to play with it some more before I decide if I want to keep it.

Unfortunately Blackthorn is right on top of another of my properties, Waterview. Waterview is a master file for two other properties so I can't get rid of it.

Rayaks end has always been a favorite, I agree its needs just a little bit more so I edited it to give me 3 mannequins. 1 wasn't enough and 3 fit perfectly. Constantly debating on adding more display racks but I haven't yet. Silverfish Hollow is also one of my favorites. That said, I recently started with the Legacy of the Dragonborn, I have to say, I'm impressed with how much stuff goes on display. I put all the replicas in the Gallery and keep the originals for Rayaks. I also keep an edited version of Haven Bag hanging around, but I haven't touched it since I got the T.A.R.D.I.S.!!!

Thinking about doing a Dr. Who playthrough and saving it with Familiar Faces, then setting it free in the T.A.R.D.I.S. 12 saves in Familiar Faces, 12 regenerations, Never Ignore Coincidence.

Honestly if you've spent that long looking for the perfect player home just download the Creation kit and make your own it's easy enough anyone can pick it up.
I love Elis Breezehome but it's just not big enough for me and my growing retinue and kid so I built out the basement with a Secure store, Full sized workshop for end to end item creation and enchanting, sleeping and living quarters for 4 more followers and an Audience chamber as well as a scripted Dwemer themed lab and that was in a week of messing about and reading, I expect it to get much better as I get more experienced ;)

I would upload it as an example of what even a noob can do with a few days of messing about but I suspect I'd need the original authors permission first.

The Safehouse from the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod. The others here have really good home ideas, but the Safehouse inside this mod's museum has an Item Sorting chest and a Sell Pile. It definitely satisfies all your requisites and more!

What it has (starting from most useful IMO):

• Sorting chest. It can sort almost any item, vanilla and modded, into easily accessible containers around the Safehouse. Weapons and armor are sorted into armory containers behind a gate, clothes and jewelry go into drawers in your personal room, and ingredients and materials are placed into storage where the workbenches are.
  • Sell Pile. Self-explanatory: you can bulk sell any number of items with ease (with no limit to how many items you can sell), with a caveat that only 30% of an item's sell value will be given to you. Profits go into a lockbox on top of a nearby desk.
  • Personal Room. Specifically, the armor set drawers. You can place a set of armor in these drawers, and then activate an "Equip Armor" station to automatically equip all the armor inside that drawer without having to open the container. The station can also allow you to swap armor instantaneously; it equips the armor inside the container while simultaneously storing whatever armor you had into the drawer.
  • Workbench Room. A spacey room that's got every single vanilla workbench. It also has containers for all material items like ingredients, gems, and ingots. It also has tons of weapons racks and mannequins to show off your gear!
  • Follower and Children Rooms. Eight followers can live in a room adjacent to yours, and six children can do the same in another room.
  • Size. The Safehouse is not a huge place, and all available functions can be accessed without a loading screen. All workbenches - kitchens, grindstones, smeltery, etc - are all a very short walk away from each other.

Like I said, all the other player homes here are exceptional in their own right. However, I believe that the Legacy of the Dragonborn's Safehouse is the best player home simply because of the Sorting Chest and the Sell Pile. But... the Safehouse is only available after 50 museum artifacts have been collected. Don't worry, though. The museum also has an "auto display" feature that automatically displays almost any unique item from the vanilla game and certain mods.

It's definitely worth accessing, trust me.

Edited by TreshMek