schnubbel76

The Legacy of the Dragonborn mod is huge, a little under 2gb. That's almost half of the mod space. I'd like to check out this home but the mod won't fit in my game with the mods I have now.

Honestly if you've spent that long looking for the perfect player home just download the Creation kit and make your own it's easy enough anyone can pick it up.

You did not read my second post. The creation Kit does not start. I do not know why. I found other people having that problem but i did not find a solution for me. I woud like to do my own home, but i cant get the fu**ing tool started. :down:

Edited by schnubbel76

The Legacy of the Dragonborn mod is huge, a little under 2gb. That's almost half of the mod space. I won't fit in my game with the mods I have now.

Half the mod space? Hell kinda computer storage are you using?

I guess he is playing on console. They have a limit of how much space you can use for mods. If i remember correctly, it's 1 GB on PS4 and 5 GB on XboxOne. Wich really sucks, i cant imagine modding skyrim with such a limit. My Mods are about 52,4 GB by now AFTER getting rid of the ones i do not need. Was around 80 GB before.

The Legacy of the Dragonborn mod is huge, a little under 2gb. That's almost half of the mod space. I won't fit in my game with the mods I have now.

Half the mod space? Hell kinda computer storage are you using?

I guess he is playing on console. They have a limit of how much space you can use for mods. If i remember correctly, it's 1 GB on PS4 and 5 GB on XboxOne. Wich really sucks, i cant imagine modding skyrim with such a limit. My Mods are about 52,4 GB by now AFTER getting rid of the ones i do not need. Was around 80 GB before.

Oh, that's terrible indeed. I think the only "modding" I've ever done on console was with Fallout 4's Creation Club... and then at that point I had the game for PC. This is the first time I've heard of a "mod space limit" on console. That has to suck.

(...) The best one I've found is Skyfall Estate (...)

(...) I recommend the buildable version (...)

(...) If your having performance issues this might not work for you. (...)

Skyfall is indeed a great home but as you guessed. i am having performance issues there. Whenever i look into the centre of the home, Framerate drops down to 45-50 wich really sucks. I dont know why that is. Having this problem often with homes with many mannequins, but im not sure if that is the cause. And i want to have much mannequins.

I did not try the buildable version, maybe the Frames would not be such a problem if i build less stuff. But on the other hand, why would i want half a home? :confused:

Edited by schnubbel76

The Safehouse from the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod. The others here have really good home ideas, but the Safehouse inside this mod's museum has an Item Sorting chest and a Sell Pile. It definitely satisfies all your requisites and more!

What it has (starting from most useful IMO):

• Sorting chest. It can sort almost any item, vanilla and modded, into easily accessible containers around the Safehouse. Weapons and armor are sorted into armory containers behind a gate, clothes and jewelry go into drawers in your personal room, and ingredients and materials are placed into storage where the workbenches are.
  • Sell Pile. Self-explanatory: you can bulk sell any number of items with ease (with no limit to how many items you can sell), with a caveat that only 30% of an item's sell value will be given to you. Profits go into a lockbox on top of a nearby desk.
  • Personal Room. Specifically, the armor set drawers. You can place a set of armor in these drawers, and then activate an "Equip Armor" station to automatically equip all the armor inside that drawer without having to open the container. The station can also allow you to swap armor instantaneously; it equips the armor inside the container while simultaneously storing whatever armor you had into the drawer.
  • Workbench Room. A spacey room that's got every single vanilla workbench. It also has containers for all material items like ingredients, gems, and ingots. It also has tons of weapons racks and mannequins to show off your gear!
  • Follower and Children Rooms. Eight followers can live in a room adjacent to yours, and six children can do the same in another room.
  • Size. The Safehouse is not a huge place, and all available functions can be accessed without a loading screen. All workbenches - kitchens, grindstones, smeltery, etc - are all a very short walk away from each other.

Like I said, all the other player homes here are exceptional in their own right. However, I believe that the Legacy of the Dragonborn's Safehouse is the best player home simply because of the Sorting Chest and the Sell Pile. But... the Safehouse is only available after 50 museum artifacts have been collected. Don't worry, though. The museum also has an "auto display" feature that automatically displays almost any unique item from the vanilla game and certain mods.

It's definitely worth accessing, trust me.

I do not know the safehouse version, but i used a version of Legacy of the Dragonborn back in the days of Oldrim. I remember it killed my framerate whenever i was in Solitude. Of course that was with Oldrim. Now with better performing Special Editition and my upgraded hardware it might be worth another look.

I'm playing on an HP Omen. I just migrated from an Xbox where SkyrimSE had 4gb for mods and Fallout 4 had 2gb. I'm obviously wrong about the mod space on the PC. If I have unlimited mod space now, that's great, good to hear. Microsoft doesn't allow anyone on an Xbox to log into Nexus.

As far as Skyfall and half a house, you only need the top three floors. The basement is a separate load screen. Your frame rate probably drops because the top thee floors is such a large load area. I just added a mod that lets me move all of my followers into the house, and all eight of them fit comfortably. That mod is Followers Can Relax. You old hands probably know of some better ones. The follower room has eight beds btw. There is another 4 beds in the small guest room. The two children's rooms on the top floor has another 6 beds, but you said that your not into having children.

I usually adopt 6 kids. I don't like seeing orphans sleeping out in the cold but I put them in a house that I rarely visit so that I'm not being constantly pestered. :cool:

I'd like to know how you do the ...Quote... in your response to me Ms schnubbel76, if you wouldn't mind. When I try to use the quote I get their entire response and it doesn't let me limit the quote to just a sentence.

My PC which is brand new has an i9 processor, Intel's latest and greatest. I was playing around with how to display the performance when I am in game and running around, as you obviously were doing. Going into the house, my CPU performance got to 21% and fps stayed unregistered, which I assume means full speed.

(...)

As far as Skyfall and half a house, you only need the top three floors. The basement is a separate load screen. Your frame rate probably drops because the top thee floors is such a large load area. I just added a mod that lets me move all of my followers into the house, and all eight of them fit comfortably. That mod is Followers Can Relax. You old hands probably know of some better ones. (...)

I'd like to know how you do the ...Quote... in your response to me Ms schnubbel76, if you wouldn't mind. When I try to use the quote I get their entire response and it doesn't let me limit the quote to just a sentence.

My PC which is brand new has an i9 processor, Intel's latest and greatest. I was playing around with how to display the performance when I am in game and running around, as you obviously were doing. Going into the house, my CPU performance got to 21% and fps stayed unregistered, which I assume means full speed.

Well but i like the basement area, for putting my followers there. i don't need them standing in the way in my main area. Just want to have them gatherd somewhere where they can chill and mind their own business until i need them. So the basement is perfect. The main area is demanding on my framerate even without having follower there. (By the way i use Nethers Follower Framework for managing my followers. The amount of possibilities is outstanding. On the other hand it it quite complex, takes a while to figure all settings out. If you want to take a look: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18076

About quoting..... Just klick the quote button on the lower right side of the post, then the message you reply to appears and beneath it you can write your response. But in the upper field, where the quoted message is, you can manually edit it, delete some parts or fill something in. Thats what i did. Dont know about the Multi Quote function though.

I'm sorry. I meant to respond to that earlier, and I got caught up in work. I noticed you mentioned steam not starting the creation kit. I'm taking a guess at the issue, based on the wording of that. For the special edition, steam shouldn't have anything to do with the creation kit. The version on steam is only for the 32 bit "oldrim" editions, such as Legendary. For the special edition kit, you would need to download the launcher from bethesda.net, which will install/update and manage the creation kit from there. You don't have to keep signing in with it, except occasionally if you want to check updates. Once the kit is installed, you can use the .exe to start, from the skyrim special edition folder. (normally c > program files (x86) > steam > steam apps > common > skyrim special edition > CreationKit.exe, or you could right-click it and send it to desktop as a shortcut.

Also, here's some stuff to help get you up and running. On this main page, it has information on both versions. There is a "tutorial hub" link, which will show you more job-specific tutorials, and there are many, many more, available in the little search box at the top right. If you prefer video tutorials, give Darkfox127 a look, on youtube. He explains it well. I hope that helps some.