Making mods for this game in 2020?

1 reply to this topic

Alsindor

Alsindor

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Good people from Nexus mods community – hi. I would like to try my hand at making mods for games, and now I am searching for the easy enough and time-effective way to do that.  Somehow I got impression that I will achive what I want easier with older games.  Dungeon Siege 1 is one of those games that  interests me, this question can be applied to many older games (Morrowind, Thief 1/2, JK: Jedi Academy…) and the question is – does this reasoning have sense? I started with premise that older games are simpler mechanical-wise, and that I will have better results in achieving visual consistency with lower polygons and lower res textures. Getting all those things in something more modern (like Skyrim, for example) seems much more difficult.
I would really like to hear opinions of people with more experience in modding.

FuzzyDriver

FuzzyDriver

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think that game design (openness to modding) is much more important than polygon density and resolution.  But having said that, Dungeon Siege 1 is quite open to modding and there are tools out there for that purpose.  So my opinions is that you've picked a good game to mod, but not for the reasons you gave.

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 1.074 seconds