Fallout screen suddenly shrunken!

twalsh

Hi All,

I've been playing Fallout 4 since near the beginning and playing with my current mod configuration (MO2) since early February of this year. I'm in the low 20s for level in my current game and have had no issues until a few days ago. Got into a heated conflict near General Atomics Galleria and Recon Bunker Theta and accidentally disconnected my Xbox controller from my PC. After plugging it in again, it wasn't working properly and i could not select certain weapons, etc. So, I shut the game down and rebooted.

Trouble now, is that Fallout is now only taking up about 1/16th of my screen. Usually when I start the game, it opens with a small window, which then expands to the full screen. I have no idea how to expand for the game to use the full screen and it is essentially unplayable.

I've played with screen resolution and windowed/borderless options (never used before) to see if it would fix the problem. Nothing.

I've even verified file integrity through Steam.

I have no other issues with my computer and no other programs appear to have been affected. I haven't made any updates.

Thoughts?

Trev

Okay, none of the above worked. However, unmodded Fallout works fine. (duh) When did F4SE last update? Maybe I need to update mods. I'd hate to have to reinstall all 105 of them! None of the mods say they require updating currently.

You probably are starting Fallout without booting Steam first. If Fallout starts without a Steam connection already in place, it may revert to the default settings.

I always wait for Steam to start, as I am unlikely to connect to my game at all otherwise. As above, unmodded Fallout 4 works fine (I use MO2 so this is easy to test) so it's looking like a mod update/corrupted file issue. Still unsure how to fix.

• 2 months later...

Problem solved. MO2 corrupted my /ini files. Or, it actually corrupted copies of the /ini files that it took. If this ever shows up, you can go to AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/Fallout 4/profiles/Default and delete all the ini files. When you restart Mod Organizer, it re-copies the original .ini files and everything works again!