Photo

Need help discovering what is causing this trim of light underneath hats like this

lighting hats bug issue trim

4 replies to this topic

Aztra

Aztra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

I tested disabling all my mods, didn't work, Still showed.  I even disabled ENB, didn't work either, I've had this issue for a long time too but never looked into it as it was never a problem and only ever witnessed it on Nick and other NPCs with hats like this, I'd barely see it but when I did it'd be a bit irritating but would try to ignore it.

https://gyazo.com/51...7e5f7c786121b0b

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,124 posts

Is that Fallout 4???? Don't think I have ever seen that location.

Rumor has it, that the player can be it's own light source...... Now sure how accurate that is though.

yuser

yuser

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

I think that this is effect from Nick Valentine when you first meet him in Vault 114. I did remember that in Skyrim visual effects from enemies sometimes was stuck on player. Maybe this is something similar? But I don't know how to fix it, because there are no any temples of Kynareth in the Commonwealth...

Try to install Smokeable Cigars mod and then try to smoke a cigar :-) I doubt that it will help but at least it is worth to try.

I think this is Vault 118.

Moksha8088

Moksha8088

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,886 posts

From the DLC Far Harbor.

Radioactivelad

Radioactivelad

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Are you talking about the light across your character's eyes that you would think would be shaded by the hat?

Far as I know, this a universal problem with contemporary shadow rendering techniques.

It pops up in this identical circumstance in a lot of different games. Large hat, strong downward light, resulting in a shadow that cuts off near where the character's face and the hat meet.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lighting, hats, bug, issue, trim

Page loaded in: 1.107 seconds