Magic Menu CTD Save Game Fix Help Pls

romanvalentino

Hey guys, the lockdown got me replaying and came across this bug. The infamous Magic Menu CTD.

I have reinstalled Skyrim SE and got all the mods I used. Luckily, I backed up before shelving it so I got all the actual mods (including the ones that were taken down since then from Nexus/Workshop/LL/etc.)

Hence, I know it cant be a load order issue, coz I got the exact same mod list AND versions as to where I left off. So I did the whole process of elimination with my save games.

I found out that I can access the Magic Menu from earlier saves. WAAY far behind the gameplay. I even found the two save games that had the crossroad of the bug (aka the one that can load the magic menu and its next one that cant)

I've checked the modlist through Wrye Bash and it showed an identical list of mods and plugins between the two, even identical to my actual latest save file.

So I am a bit stumped as to why the latter saves cant access the magic menu. If they all had the same mod set up, what is causing this or am I missing something here?

Any help or advice on getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by romanvalentino

• 10 months later...

You-n-me both. I have no idea when my Magic Menu broke because I don't use it all that often (just stick to my Faves). I've been googling for days trying to find a fix. Starting over seems very discouraging as I have campaigned for 50 hours or so...

Hence, I know it cant be a load order issue, coz I got the exact same mod list AND versions as to where I left off. So I did the whole process of elimination with my save games.

What mods are you using?

Posting a sorted loadorder would help.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a fix, experiencing it myself and so far have nothing on what it might be causing it? Already deleted many suspect mods and waited for a few in-game days, according to someone's fix. But I'm still experiencing this bug.

Edit- I have found a fix, which is to basically disable all mods and re-enable them, group by group/one by one. For some reason it worked like a charm, the only thing that was removed was Realistic Lighting Overhaul- IC Patch.

Edited by FlyingCat21