Monster leveling making weapons worthless over time.

Deleted88937888User

Hello. It's been likely 10 years since i'v played. The most annoying part of oblivion is standard weapons rapidly become useless doing less and less damage to monsters. You need to keep adding more and more powerful enchantments until even that doesn't help.

I need better weapons that appear in shops as you level, such as going from 5 - 10 - 15 - 25+ damage.

Like in The Witcher 3, blacksmiths that can reforge standard weapons or forge new ones with quests to get elements and diagrams needed. Reforge weapons to be lighter, but do the same damage.

You have to seek out rare elements and search ruin secret room or hidden panels, etc.

Find a rare metal in the mountain cave and the book to make it, then reforge your steel sword to be nasty 10-20 damage per strike and 1/2 to 1/4 as light.

For now, I want any mod with weapons that do more basic damage.

Edited by Guest

Your most powerful weapon is magic. If an enemy is very resistant cast several weaknesses to at least an element plus spells and/or use an enchanted weapon and you can kill even a minotaur lord extremely easily. If you aren't of the atronach birthsign you can make your magic regenerate faster by fortifying your willpower.

Your most powerful weapon is magic. If an enemy is very resistant cast several weaknesses to at least an element plus spells and/or use an enchanted weapon and you can kill even a minotaur lord extremely easily. If you aren't of the atronach birthsign you can make your magic regenerate faster by fortifying your willpower.

Actually it's weakness to magic that stacks ... weakness to a particular element just resets the timer (whether it's delivered by a spell or an enchanted weapon).

The most effective strategy is first hit them with a weakness to magic spell with as long a timer as you can afford magicka wise (pratical limit is in the 10 to 15 second range and then magnitude should be as high as you can make it and still cast at least two or three casts before the timer runs out). Once you have "softened" them up it's a simple one or two hit of a short duration damage spell/enchanted weapon. If the spell or weapon has elemental damage you can add a short duration weakness to that element (no longer than the damage part of the spell/enchantment).

Even weakness to poison lets poisons become powerful tools. Two or three hits of weakness to magic followed by a weakness to poison (here you can use a longer duration weakness to poison, especially if you tend to use the vanilla game poisons). Not all that difficult to become a one hit killer with the bow ... you just need to get your Destruction magic skilled up.

The most powerful tool for making this work is your own self made restore magicka potions (so ya ... you just need to get your Alchemy skilled up too). Chug one of your restore magicka potions right before that first weakness to magic cast to help you keep up with as strong a spell as you can possibly muster.

I like to make my spell with an area effect of 10 ft to make them more useful while in combat (you don't need to hit them, just hit close to their feet). It increases the magika costs a bit but saves magicka in the long run due to fewer missed casts.

For me those minotaur lords are just another source of horns ... too bad their horns aren't unique for either display or alchemy purposes.

I'v played through with mods and without mods. I know all this since i'v played through the basic quests + offical DC 10+ times! I'v seen done it all. Magic and/or combat enchanted swords (5 at a time, each with it's own purpose). All possible potions. Every quest in the whole game and DLC's. I'v only died 3 times in the history of playing oblivion. I'm very good at the combat style of magic, poitions and weapons.

Even played through player created quests 5+ too many to remember.

I want to just hit monsters with a plain sword warrior style. Finding the better swords as I level. No need to think about soul trapping or casting magic.

Can someone make this mod? I can muddle my way to creating new swords without new meshes and textures.

All you need to do is edit a number if you want to make the vanilla weapons more powerful and if you want to create some while keeping the same meshes and textures all you need to do is edit the editor ID ad save as a new element. Want to know more?

• 2 weeks later...

All you need to do is edit a number if you want to make the vanilla weapons more powerful and if you want to create some while keeping the same meshes and textures all you need to do is edit the editor ID ad save as a new element. Want to know more?

I did mod once, long ago. It's stored away somewhere. I can do some coding. A 'The Witcher' inspired mod. Every kill you make, it adds hit damage. It doesn't erase over time. Would need to be balanced. The higher the level of the monster the more points you get. It can't be enchanted, but after a while you keep gaining hit damage. You always keep up with monster leveling. Just block and slash, just keep the blade sharp.

Also, do you of a mod to split soul gems and sigil stones from weapons and armor?

Growth Weapon - Dusfergon

Grows as you hit things, fully customizable ini file. Made it myself.

Most default settings are pretty balanced, but the offering absorption rate wasn't tweaked down when I had it take charge into account as well. I strongly recommend reducing that setting down to 0.05 from 0.13. (You can offer other weapons to Dusfergon and it'll gain XP, durability and charge based on that weapon's own durability and charge. As such, higher tier weapons give more XP)

Also, do you of a mod to split soul gems and sigil stones from weapons and armor?

You mean a mod to disenchant the weapons and armor?

I use this one https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/27231

Thanks. I got lucky and my #3 sigil stone was absorb health! :)

Then I attached it to cheap sword too early. BAH. This will fix that.