Help with scaling for VR port

n0p0n3

So, I've started a project that I have had in the design phase for awhile now (recreating fallout 4/skyrim in unity to make a more modern VR port, with physics and socketed inventory like VR FPS, similar to Pavlov, etc) and now that I've finally got a pc and headset (last one died and ive only had a chromebook), I've finally begun to work on implementation. I am currently attempting to recreate a small interior map (andrewstation1) as a way of getting familiar with the new creation kit (I used to use the old morrowind construction kit abit, so im not starting completely from scratch), but I've hit a few snags I can't seem to find answers for. I'm using Blender 2.82a, Nifscope 2.0.dev7 (though I've seen people say to use outfit studio, I've downloaded it but have yet to use it yet), xedit 4.0.3, BAE 0.11, and the creation kit. I have exported the local heightmap for andrewstation1 with a setting of 4096, but the output image is 606x615 pixels. I have also extracted a few objects from andrewstation1 in the creation kit (loaded the cell, found a static object, discovered which .nif is associated with that object, as well as the xyz position/rotation of the object) using BAE. The first problem is that I am not sure the heightmap is correct (exported at 4096px, yet file is 606x615px). I have scaled the map by both. The second problem is the scaling of the objects output by nifscope. Seeing as I have no idea if the heightmap is correctly scaled, I cannot be sure if the objects are correctly scaled or in the correct place when I input the xyz position/rotation info. If scaling the map by 4096, the objects are outside playable space. If scaled by 606x615, they take up entire rooms. I've seen some say the engine uses inches for size, yet others say it uses it's own "standard game units". If anyone skilled in modding could take the time to help, it would be greatly appreciated and would accelerate the time to porting maps over, allowing me to begin on things like game logic sooner. I'm aware that distributing the result would be a no no (due to bethesda's tos), but i believe projects like F4NV, F4: The Capital Wasteland, Skyggerfall, Skywind, and Skyblivion would be viable if permission could be obtained from the creators, since the teams have to recreate all assets from scratch.

TLDR; Does anybody know how exporting heightmaps from the creation kit works (the page on creationkit.com is lacking, to say the least) as well as what size units the game uses so i can scale meshes correctly in blender? Thanks in advance

For those who've looked and were interested, I've made some progress. Apparently, the create local maps function isn't for exporting heightmaps (though it kind of does), but is actually for creating the local map for the pipboy. Also, The player character is equivalent to 6 feet tall, so I've imported the default male body and head, fused them together into one mesh, and set the Z length to 6', then scaled the x and y lengths to match (being .142). Hopefully all other meshes will scale to match, and ive been looking at tesanwyn to see if it can extract the heightmap for world spaces and interiors. The creation kit has an export all landscapes function under the world tab, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me (or I just can't find where it saves the result)

ok, i agree... but I didn't mention PSVR or the ps4 at all. I have a windows mixed reality headset. I don't have fallout 4 vr, so i don't know how it handles, but i do have skyrim vr and just doing the wrist waggle at enemies just doesn't cut it. I don't blame bethesda for the way they ported it, seeing as it was one of the first vr ports, but I want something more like blade and sorcery for my combat. I want to actually open containers and grab the contents like arizona sunshine. I'm not aiming for a 100% compatible engine replacement like daggerfall unity or openmw, but a reasonable enough facsimile under the hood where it feels the same. Also, the creation engine probably has decades of cruft under the hood from constant modification and addons. Sometimes, it's better to just start from scratch and recreate. A decent overhaul of the underlying code could net framerate gains (not to mention removing logic and physics from the framerate) and if a proper scenegraph is used with networking features like openmw did, then multiplayer could be done as well.