SKSE won't start through MO2

isamukuno

I know there are a lot of post on this topic, but none of the ones I've read have been helpful, so i'm hoping someone can help if I can explain exactly what the issue is.

My problem is, when I try to launch SKSE through MO2, the game loads, (however, the Bethesda logo screen is skipped entirely, taking me directly to the main menu) but, when I click "New" the main menu options disappear, but the game never starts, it just stays on the main menu screen. It's not frozen because the graphics and music continue to play as normal, but no loading screen or intro ever plays. This the same whether playing a modded or clean version. For the record, I'm playing Legendary edition, have the appropriate version of SKSE, and am running MO2 as an administrator.

I did notice a warning in the MO2 log that said there may be some problems because the game is in "Program Files (x86)" but wen I try to move or delete the Steam file, i get a message saying that the operation cant be completed because it's open in another program, even when File Explorer is the only one running. Even uninstalling Steam and all associated apps doesn't resolve this. I also can't reinstall steam in a different folder due to this issue, but *can* reinstall back into in "Program Files (x86)" which wont really resolve the caution message

I really don't know what to do here.

Edited by isamukuno