Request: Help making BOS Lab Coat Addon

GreyOfHearts

So the issue is I really love the cut BoS Lab coat that's in the game files, and I want to replace the Science Scribe outfits with that Lab Coat over the standard BoS uniform. I have some knowledge in Outfit Studio, but loading the mesh of the Lab Coat just places the addon way up into the air, rather than where it should be on the Fallout 4 skeleton. If anyone could help or just make the outfit for me, any help would be appreciated.

It sucks that no mods out there really add in this. I know Unified Clothing Overhaul (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18489?tab=files) does, but it provides no mesh to use in its files. Like I said, any help getting this to work would be great. :(

Use Transform Tool to get it down and adjust it. Remove the VTec Science Coat, export BoS Lab Coat as OBJ. Unload all projects. Open the VTec Coat, import BoS Coat from the OBJ. Import the original BoS Coat. Check Properties of the original mesh and copy the path for the BGSM material. Remove the original mesh. Go to Properties of the edited BoS Coat mesh and paste the material path. After that make VTec Coat a reference. Right click on BoS Coat mesh and copy the bone weights. Remove the VTec Coat. Export The BoS Lab Coat as NIF and confirm source of Cloth Physics(put a tick in the box and then press OK). This will give you the coat only. As it is, you can't use it as a NIF replacement of the Science Scribe model, because it doesn't have pants, nor any undershirt. I suggest you cut the undershirt part with the tie from the VTec Coat and get the pants from another outfit, that are easier to cut(like the Suit). Then put them together with the BoS Lab Coat.