• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Slartiblarghfast

Slartiblarghfast

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
In response to post #81005733. #81016423, #81017933, #81019858 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

As pointed out below, the name is a direct reference to the ship from 'The World of the Worlds'. Might need a tweak as y'all have suggested to make it fit with the Canadian naming scheme.

"The Invaders must have seen them
As across the coast they filed
Standing firm between them
There lay Thunder Child".

RemcoVerbeek

RemcoVerbeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
In response to post #81020828.

Spoiler

The easiest way is to fast travel to The Devil's Throat and follow the ridge east. Subtly hidden by the landscape will be two caves without the possibiliy to enter them. Near these cave entrances will be a triggerzone that knocks you out after which the dungeon will start. The only prerequisition for this trigger to occur is that the player is not in combat (be it by having killed all surrounding ghouls or being unnoticed by the ghouls). Hope this helps.

RemcoVerbeek

RemcoVerbeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
In response to post #81005733. #81016423, #81017933, #81019858, #81020953 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I am aware a ship with a British name and a Canadian flag floating down an American river is an odd picture for a post-apocalyptic world. However, the backstory of this boat (which can be read on a terminal inside) explains it. The previous owner of the vessel was originally from Ontario, traveled south to the US, found the boat and named it "HMS Thunderchild".

The reason for the Canadian identity was to imply the journey the ship had been through. It would have been less impressive if it came from a closer state like Arizona or Colorado. I picked a Canadian flag as the lore of Canada is very limited, with only the annexation being an interesting piece.

As to the ship's name, it has two reasons. Firstly it's a reference to War of the Worlds, a well written book about an alien invasion feauturing a ship with the same name. The second reason was to emphasize the survivor's misinterpretation due to lack of knowledge, as he thought HMS stands for Heavy Maintenance Ship.

Hope this explains it well enough, and thanks for taking the time to look a my mod

Kobalgiaan

Kobalgiaan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In response to post #81020828. #81031148 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

thanks for the help but it still isnt working, my guess its some mod incompatibility i'm gonna try to find out

Rosenbann

Rosenbann

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Finally... 
I've waited so long for a simple working boat. It's a great addition to my Hardcore Survival playthrough and the  Mojave Train Travel Redux mod. (https://www.nexusmod...tab=description)

The free repairs is too much; basicly a cheat, not relly a fan of it.

Edited by Rosenbann, 18 May 2020 - 11:34 PM.

philip92dk

philip92dk

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
really nice mod btw can you do a version for TTW? so we can use in the Capital Wasteland and Point Lookout

TALENTEDTOM

TALENTEDTOM

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'd absolutely love a ttw version, docking by Rivet City or somewhere along the river, then in spots around Point Lookout, sounds great. Also I'd like some more containers in the ship.

Edited by TALENTEDTOM, 20 May 2020 - 03:00 AM.

SirMcRae

SirMcRae

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
In response to post #81097118.

Spoiler

For more containers, you can just use portable camp stuff : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46195

IVProphetIV

IVProphetIV

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
In response to post #81005733. #81016423, #81017933, #81019858, #81020953, #81031443 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

It's a reference to "War of The Worlds". You're overthinking it.

AverageAnchovies

AverageAnchovies

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I love this mod with all added locations as well. Sadly my laptop is a potato and cannot run some of those locations and the interior on stable 60fps. One thing that slightly bothers me is that ceilings are too high i think.

Edited by AverageAnchovies, 27 May 2020 - 10:24 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.998 seconds