Image Uploads Temporarily Unavailable

Pickysaurus

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're still working on a fix, but we've now updated the Kudos counts to the first batch of users. Zanderat, Mathos, LesJones - this includes you guys :smile:

Thank you! :thumbsup:

i was wondering what was going on tonight on site so i saw this post could be possibly some hacker hack the website with their skill or program they used. hoping i can upload my picture soon thank you y'all for this site!!

What happened exactly? I have been uploading images on this website for two years,and it's the first time I see the image share, or any other function for that matter, being disabled, and from what I get, several accounts have been damaged.

I guess something has happened serious enough to force you to shut down an entire mainstream function of the website, can you tell us more about that?

What happened exactly? I have been uploading images on this website for two years,and it's the first time I see the image share, or any other function for that matter, being disabled, and from what I get, several accounts have been damaged.

I guess something has happened serious enough to force you to shut down an entire mainstream function of the website, can you tell us more about that?

Effectively, there is a very small chance that when you create or edit an image something would go wrong during the save action and overwrite your account with the data from the image. On Sunday (at this stuff always happens at the damn weekend) it happened to over 10 accounts in the same few hours, so we made the difficult decision to turn off the service temporarily.

Our devs are still trying to work out exactly what's causing the issue, but it's proving quite difficult. I'm hoping we can get things back to normal soon.