Image Uploads Temporarily Unavailable

Pickysaurus

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will find the root of the problem.

Looking at the pictures and stories on the image-section (and posting a few things) have been my life-saver for the last few month and I would painfully miss it.

Thank you for your effort on the troubleshooting - a the whole site in general!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-snip-

I'm not an expert, but from what I get, it sounds like the core issue lies in the overwriting of the data, maybe an instability in the code, maybe related to the last update of the website, since many things have been changed.

Of course, that's only my opinion from what I get here, I assume that since it's been 3 days and the issue is still not solved by people much more qualified than me, the problem is much more complex than that, or the problem is simple, but the solution is not.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it gives us more comprehension about what is going on. By the way, at least it doesn't seem to affect screens we post in mods gallery or on our profiles.

Well, while you're on fixing it, you might as well take the time to update the imageshare as a whole, adding image specific search, increased file size to 35mb, larger thumbnails and teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini's for all.

Oh, and buttonise the categories along the top row instead. Maybe add a 'Stories' section for people who like to do a series of narratives. Did you know the imageshare was originally just supposed to be for mod authors to advertise their latest mods? Everything was better back in those days. I had hair, the sun was always shining with a lovely rose-tinted glow..

Did you know the imageshare was originally just supposed to be for mod authors to advertise their latest mods?

As the person who designed and wrote the original Image Share code I can tell you it wasn't meant to be just for that :) it was meant to be for anyone and everyone to share their cool screenshots of the game(s) they were playing, and it was pretty much used like that right from the start.

Well, while you're on fixing it, you might as well take the time to update the imageshare as a whole, adding image specific search, increased file size to 35mb, larger thumbnails and teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini's for all.

Oh, and buttonise the categories along the top row instead. Maybe add a 'Stories' section for people who like to do a series of narratives. Did you know the imageshare was originally just supposed to be for mod authors to advertise their latest mods? Everything was better back in those days. I had hair, the sun was always shining with a lovely rose-tinted glow..

I think that in such situations introducing new features is not the best idea. Such changes require testing.

There is already several categories, including narratives, I personally published a year and a half long story on Fallout 4 in the narrative section. It's more a individual games thing I guess, maybe the different categories should be standardized among all games, but that's probably more easy to say than to do, and as Traiderek rightfully says: it's not the best moment for that.

But it still something to keep for the suggestions later, when the situation will be resolved.

Edited by Clanggedin

Even if I haven't been posting for a while now, I did get the urge to do so these last couple of days, so my timing was bad for sure. The important thing is for you to get rid of the problem and make it all as stable as possible, so take your time, do it right and don't stress out about it. The world is weird enough as it is at the moment, so we don't need the Nexus staff to run into the infamous "brick wall of exhaustion". Just work it out and we'll be back with the images to bring more life to the Image Share again. Wishing you all the best of luck in fixing the issue! Be safe! :thumbsup:

Many thanks to the staff for keep us updated. I echo Excellentium's statement:

The world is weird enough as it is at the moment, so we don't need the Nexus staff to run into the infamous "brick wall of exhaustion". Just work it out and we'll be back with the images to bring more life to the Image Share again.

it is no coincidence that nexusmods is a sucessfull and comprehensive site. the userfriendly image upload service is only one example. you take care of your users and in this case you prevented (more) users from unintentionally damaging their accounts. in my opinion it was the right decision to stop the service until you know what's going on. i'm sure most if not all users support this decision.

all the best for finding the solution!