Replacing .nif in Geck with original model on Overhaul Mod?

hessikin

Howdy,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or explain this to me because I am lost. I have Dragbody's NCR Overhaul, and it's absolutely phenomenal except for the NCR Civilian Ranger models. I think they look too cartoony and don't fit with the aesthetic of FNV.

I love the original models, and PM's Ranger Outfit textures are fantastic, infact I love them. I'd like to use PM's Ranger textures and thus the original models with the rest of Drag's NCR Overhaul, I'm just not well informed enough about GECK in order to make it happen.

I have GECK open, I'm on the window where it has all the NCR civilian clothes and hats listed, and I can even see right where it says "dragbody_nv\GamingUndergroundNetwork\NCR_Overhaul\RangerOutfitRedScarf.nif" which I'm assuming I need to change back to the regular game's model?

This is where i get lost. I open the edit menu, and have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Solved it. Used FOMM to copy the original meshes from the .bsa, pasted them into the overhaul and changed the paths in FNVEdit, then reinstalled Pommy's Ranger Retex and got it working! Some of that may have been redundant, but it got me there.

Thanks guys.

Edited by hessikin

You don't need the geck at all to remove the models. Just navigate to data/meshes and locate the .nif file you want to remove. RMC on the file and choose "delete" in the menu.

Tried that and after removing the files from the folder the NCR Overhaul is in, it just shows as the giant exclamation point in game instead of using the original files.

Have you seen the "Custom items" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article?

Meshes and textures are "used by" but not "created/edited" in the GECK. For that you need modeller tools listed in the "Image Tools" section of the same article.

-Dubious-

I read through this many, many years ago. Will give it another read.

Edited by hessikin