Can't remove Finis Data!

jawn
Go to solution Solved by jawn,

I'm having issues with the Mod finis. I evidently didn't install it correctly and now I can't remove it in order to install it the correct way.

Thanks for replying, HadToRegister!

Almost correct! It does get removed but then it re-installs and comes back a few seconds later. (I think I can make a short clip of it doing this)?

I've also tried totally uninstalling Vortex, (removing all references in a search), uninstalling Skyrim (removing all references) clearing all references doing a search but the minute that Vortex gets re-installed it comes back.

If I play/start a game, I think that it messes up my game about an hour in, to an uncontrollable level. First there is a background sound like meshing gears, then my keyboard controls start goofing up, (not functioning the way they should), and sometimes my character slips through meshes and levels, to whatever is underneath it. If I cross a bridge/boardwalk, I sometimes slip to the ground or water below.

• Solution

Okay! I may have removed it via The Vortex Dashboard,= Make primary/Edit/Remove and choosing "remove" so I'll check to see if it comes back if I close Vortex and then open it again. And now it appears to be gone.

I hope it's safe to install it again.

I wish there were a decent updated install of Vortex/Skyrim and how to set these dependencies correctly so I can play this game without so many issues.

Okay! I may have removed it via The Vortex Dashboard,= Make primary/Edit/Remove and choosing "remove" so I'll check to see if it comes back if I close Vortex and then open it again. And now it appears to be gone.

I hope it's safe to install it again.

I wish there were a decent updated install of Vortex/Skyrim and how to set these dependencies correctly so I can play this game without so many issues.

OK, you've removed it from the Dashboard, but is it still installed?

OK, you've removed it from the Dashboard, but is it still installed?

@HadToRegister! As far as I can tell, (although I'm not altogether sure) the issue of not being able to remove it, actually seems to be gone. I have no idea how it happened in the first place or what was causing it.

I restarted Vortex and it didn't reappear. I did end up with 2 data files? I then reinstalled Finis as per "Gophers" very recent updated Video and it looks to be okay. I haven't actually played it in a game so I hope the issues that I was having don't come back either. I have no idea if what I was experiencing was caused by Finis or something else entirely.

If those things do come back I'll have to try and figure out what's going on at that time. I have a suspicion though that Finis, was simply another problem separate from all my other issues.

I'm determined to get this licked so I can play Skyrim. I'm modifying a case for a Hobbit themed PC and I'm trying to get far enough along to be able to get some decent screenies from some Hobbit mods for the build and case.

Thank you again for helping me out.

Ok, I seem to be getting a different issue as this just came up? As you can see, Finis is installed but it "Failed to Run"?

I just don't understand this!