Must-have list for F4 nowadays

FallenVikingr

Mods are completely based on personal taste. Since we don't know anything about yours, nobody can answer this question to your satisfaction. On top of that, personal taste changes over time, if you play the game long enough.

For example, my personal taste tells me to stay away from instagram filter mods and everything that puts anime stuff into the game as far as possible. Same goes for mods that "clean up" the world or put shiny new items in it. On the other hand, I like mods that make the game as hard as possible and I also prefer much, much slower levelling than most people.

The Nexus has a lot to offer for everyone's taste. Dive in, get dirty but don't make the mistake and install more than one or two mods and their dependencies at once without testing them in between.

I personally like Heather Casdin by llamaRCA, great follower, can hack terminals, and has quite a bit of dialogue.

Cute too.

Edited by Gunslinger808

Do not ignore recently added mods. There are some real GEMS in there.

Case in point.

Q.M.W - Quick Modification Weapon. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44985?tab=posts

Author: toounx, the author of XM2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle and USP .45 w/Tactical Knife

This guy might be "new" to the modding scene (first offerings on Nexus were in late 2019), but he obviously knows what he's doing.

That mod I listed he's created in such a way that it needs explicit support for modded weapons - what he's doing isn't for the feint of heart here. So far he's built-in support for 25 different weapon mods - no small feat I assure you.

So my point is, don't just look at to "top" lists - they will always miss gems like this.

As the question specifices nowadays, I assume as in - different (or in addition) to back in the days.

They is:

* ESP Explorer ; The original has been depricated, but is continued by another author

* Advanced Console

Heather has been around for a while, she's the best companion mod ever! (for FO4 at least)

What I like to do at times, go to a certain topic, like Power Armors, or Synths, then sort for endorsments, downloads, and last activity/uploaded.

Its incredible how many new mods this game gets, daily... after all these years.

As a veteran you might like all the 'difficulty' mods in the immersion cathegory.

This said, what I've found there is something I cant wait to test play, once I've prepared a savegame to start from :p

It's this one: Crime & Punishment : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42857

He's the same author who's done Advanced survival tweaks, another awesome mod

• 2 weeks later...

Just how many mods will the game support and is there a way to expand it???

You can have a TOTAL of 255 esm/esp files. That includes Fallout.em, and whatever dlc you have installed as well. Some mods, you can merge, so they only take up one spot in your load order, instead of two or three, but, that process isn't really recommended, unless you know what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...