CTD with Unofficial Patches Installed? GOTY Steam version. BOSS/BAIN/OBMM?

Your mouse issue stikes a bell with me (as in I've seen that myself before) but the memory is rather fuzzy on details. Things I would start with is fMouseSensitivity in Oblivion.ini (mine is set at fMouseSensitivity=0.0020 for both my current character and the one prior to him). I think that is the same as Mouse Sensitivity in the Controls menu, but in the menu you don't get an actual reading of where it is set. Another thing to look at is bUse Joystick in Oblivion.ini (mine is set at bUse Joystick=0). I would think that if your mouse works normally in Windows and other games it's an Oblivion specific game setting at fault.

Finally, as you are the one who started this thread you can use it for whatever purpose you want (within the forum rules of course). The advantage that starting a new thread for a new issue has is that the title will then be specific to the new problem, which will have a greater chance of being seen by somebody who has run into that particular issue before, where they may not even look at an older thread that doesn't pertain to the new issue.

Yes, my mouse runs just fine in other games. Though I mainly play LoL, diablo 2, and Diablo 3 on the PC. All other games I leave to my ps4 cause I don't want to rebuy them for the PC. Can't afford that. Especially if it ends up my PC can't run them.

But, I did actually search up fixes for my mouse. I did notice that lower resolutions DO help the mouse move better, BUT I don't want to play oblivion in a box.

My PC resolution is 1920x1080 so it's a widescreen. Playing in a lower resolution is just weird and feels bad.

But, after changing that bUse joystick to 0 it worked SLIGHTLY better, but there was still some kind of drag, or slowness to the movement. Like it was lagging behind my mouse by just a bit.

Turning off Vsync also helped, but it still lagged some. Honestly, I'm at a loss for what to do next with the mouse. I heard some people talking about messing with mouse settings in the actual PC, but I have no idea if it applies to my mouse since it came with the PC and they were talking about a logitech mouse. Something my mouse isn't.

I mean, my mouse IS Wireless, but it works fine in other games.

Just in menus it's very slow in the game, but otherwise it's fine. Like moving around, looking around in the world it moves fluidly. No issues. In menus though there's just some kind of lag I hope to figure out a fix for. If you can point me in a direction, I'd appreciate it. You've been rather helpful so far, which I appreciate.

-EDIT-

Oh, I also have the same setting as you for that sensitivity thing. It's at 0.0020 or whatever it was and another setting someone told me to try is at 0.003 or something. Which is what they said it should be. Idk if changing those values lower or higher will help. I am a bit hesitant to mess with anything in the .ini

Edited by NikushimiZERO

If the other setting was fXenonMenuMouseXYMult mine is at 0.0003. I'm not sure that applies though as there is a bunch of settings in the INI that pertain specifically to fXenonMouse settings and a Google search for Xenon Mouse makes me think that those are some type of gaming mouse.

With Oblivion.ini settings you can experiment with changing them and be able to go back to exactly what they started at if it doesn't work (providing you keep notes or a backup copy of Oblivion.ini before you get to experimenting). If you change things via a menu slider you have no real idea of exactly where it was beforehand.

I'm pretty sure my own mouse (also a Logitch guy here) is slower in the menus than in the game but what I'm recalling was that is was a lot slower in the menus when I was seeing the same problem you are describing. I just can't recall much in the way of details around resolving that way back when.

For a point of reference for you ... I'm running 1920 x 1200 (an old BenQ monitor) and always run games at the native resolution for my monitor.

Well, that's unfortunate you can't recall any details on how to resolve this issue.

I mean, it's playable and everything, but just a minor annoyance that will most likely frustrate me.

Hopefully someone who comes across this may know of a way for the mouse to work better, but we'll see.

I'd suggest starting a new thread so that you get more eyes on the problem (we aren't limited to how many we are allowed to start).

• 3 weeks later...

Reading through your posts/comments, where exactly did you install oblivion ... hopefully not in the default programs(x86) folder as this will void out any access via any mod-manager w/o major security changes.

if your using GOTY version, when i tried to use it, i couldn't get obse running until i tried the gog ver of the obse. even then, i couldn't get any mods beyond the unofficial ones to work. so i copied the dlc's and their respective bsa files, archived it ... and yes, some require cleaning via tes4edit. re-ran an older version of oblivion, my si update, si - unofficial, dlc - unofficial ... then 100+ mods ... still going w/ no probs.

what if you're not crazy and it's just the rest of the world is???

btw, i'm still using OBMM w/o any problems. i tried wyre, still don't see the appeal. LOOT and a little research before using mods via their forum, i see no gain ... still finding obmm to work fine. i'm sure if i was the only one that felt that way, many authors wouldn't be bothering with a omod version of their mod.

Edited by bobbyskel78

Post Script:

someone did publish a update to the OBMM open-source Python. I didn't see much difference besides a link to the Loot or Boss prog inside of it. It wasn't a 64 bit ver of the prog, so i'm not sure why they bothered. if anything, replace the 7zip executable in OBMM's directory, you can use the 64 bit there.

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

just need the 7-Zip Extra: standalone console version, 7z DLL, Plugin for Far Manager. Extract to your OBMM directory, which you can use in conjunction w/ wyre if one wishes.

Edited by bobbyskel78