CTD Everywhere and anywhere.

KitteyWolf

Do you need me to show you my damn steam to see i own the god damn game?? because i do.

i've been told time and time again to ALWAYS CLEAN MY MASTERS, and so i've listened to those people. [even loot tells you that the masters can be cleaned with tes5edit's quickclean function]

and AS I SAID. I've tested this modlist with uncleaned masters, and i still get crashes.

and i kept literally all weekend redownloading and installing mods. there is no reason i should have a bad mod-

AND HELL if it REALLY makes you feel better i'll redownload the damn dirty files and try. but as i said I've already tried that.

N5vDkLH.png

run the game will all mods disabled and see how long it goes

No one here is questioning the validity, the source of the game can come from GOG, Bethesda, steam, or dvd

Unless the Loot team is the developer ? there is no reason to follow directions when in a diagnostic mode....is there?

we can' t be expected to duplicate exactly your mess here. can we?

Don't get mad, be glad some one is showing any interest at all.

Go get some coffee, eat something, sit down and think clearly.

what tools are you using other than xedit?

What mod handler are you using?

dam...where is the game installed At ?

Ok, I'm going to try an explain some things to you that maybe you might understand.

• If you are cleaning downloaded mods? against what are you cleaning...
  • If you clean the master main game files first? then there will be data not there that you need TO BE there for mods in the same process or that data, the very data said is not valid
  • Will remain in your mods.

So if there is NO blackboard to use the chalk on present? I guess the chalk will last forever, and no way to know what is written ...

The cleaning process means to remove Identical ITMS and fix deleted records mod authors make. Based against a full unaltered set of original game files.

basically from so discussing your situation...this is what took place.

But..it's a how ever thing ,an attempt to read a crystal ball that does not exist here, this is the exact position your in right now.

It's quite common too.

Edited by Purr4me

I bought it through steam. as i buy all my games [unless its through humblebundle which is just as reputable as steam itself]

As i said in the ORIGINAL post- [as per the guild lines of posting]

my skyrim is installed in my secondary D: drive

I'm using the old beta nexus mod manager [because its the manager i know the best and i dont see a reason to change]

and the only things i have are TES5Edit and Loot.

Thinking perhaps that save had been corrupted- i made a nord and used the alternate start of 'erik the slayer's childhood friend' It took about 5 1/2 minutes to crash- as i had TGM on, and i sprinted directly towards riverwood/helgen.

then re-making the character i'm aiming to play the game-- orc starting in harkon's court as a vampire lord. softlock/crashed 6 1/2 minutes on the way towards riverwood/helgen. looks like i need to figure out all the mods that change helgen and riverwood area

Nmm is no longer supported as you may already know.

Unfortunately there is only MO legacy and MO 2 available that I am aware of currently.

There is known problems with nmm.

Loot...out side of the program manager 'Nmm" is best used to sort the mods, yeah, you will find it different.

Once you get a better sorted mod / plugin assembly, try to get it copied to a text document then reinstall all the mods in that order as the load order.

I build mods every day, I sort mods 4 at a time and inspect data that touches those mods as they are intermingling with one another.

The tools I use are the tools for diagnostic routines I use.

there are several versions too I also use for reasons of my own.

But. the main reasons your crashing is mod conflicts, incorrect mod load orders or Overwritten world space and objects.

I can tell you that when I add objects into a world space and just load it / them? I crash.

If I do the right thing and take the time to use the kit as it was intended then use the cleaning functions of xedit? then I don't crash.

All mods I downloaded to date required fixing using the kit's and other tools in a proper-manner 1 at a time. once done, I rename the RE- and the mod name.

Its' a lot of work, but worth the efforts. IF the drive has the space? I suggest creating a "moved out folder" and move out the mods, their packages, and start with only 1 mod at a time...you are after all starting over each time as you just posted? correct?

with a valid uncleaned set of main files...I can suggest you reinstall the mods once you have a good load order record and test this and see the cleaning process will in fact remove data you thought was not there.

Loot is a set of instructions and a template written by volunteers. People over time found conflicts of most mods available here and else where.

The algorithm does see the facts that a mod has been cleaned, that's all it does. IF the master files were cleaned already ? then Loot will not see the ITM's present in any mods, they will appear as though they belong in there.

so you need a base for Loot and xedit to go by, if you remove those ITM's before hand? then there wont be anything for the tool to gauge against in the first place.

As I said, an object introduced into the world spaces cause a shift in the code, a form ID change, and if left on its own? will cause the game to crash.

ANY game. The kit fixes that, most of the time it is advised to see if a mod will even load into the kit first, if it does, saved it and exit.

Now you can clean it. The kit will rearrange the code and compensate for the shifted code and put the items in the correct spots.

A lot of mods are built outside of the kit's so this is where your going to find problems with the mods your using.

I kept a copy of your load order and off the top I see 14 mods that are made in that fashion and no kit involvements what's so ever.

Not telling you the names, it's up to you to learn this, all I can do is guide you in the right direction.

Kitty Black

WHAT. DO. YOU. NOT. UNDERSTAND. ABOUT. ME. SAYING. THAT. I. ALREADY. USE. LOOT.

"Not telling you the names, it's up to you to learn this, all I can do is guide you in the right direction."
so what you're saying is that all this has been useless and you might as well have not ever spoken to me...

if you're not going to actually HELP ME. then i dont see why you posted at all.

I'm NOT A MODDER. So it means that i need to be OUTWARDLY TOLD THINGS THAT COULD BE ISSUES.

ITS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE REASON WHY I MADE THIS POST.

If it was something i could find out on my own I WOULD NOT NEED HELP

WHAT. DO. YOU. NOT. UNDERSTAND. ABOUT. ME. SAYING. THAT. I. ALREADY. USE. LOOT.

"Not telling you the names, it's up to you to learn this, all I can do is guide you in the right direction."

so what you're saying is that all this has been useless and you might as well have not ever spoken to me...

if you're not going to actually HELP ME. then i dont see why you posted at all.

I'm NOT A MODDER. So it means that i need to be OUTWARDLY TOLD THINGS THAT COULD BE ISSUES.

ITS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE REASON WHY I MADE THIS POST.

If it was something i could find out on my own I WOULD NOT NEED HELP

I posted what to do, its up to you to follow through.

I am not going to knock mod authors here.

Don't get nasty.