Plastic Khajiits (and Wolves)

AmericanJackal

Is there a mod out there available that can fix the "hard plastic" or "wet solid" look of khajiit fur? (If it also tackles other 'heavily furred' animals like wolves, too, that would be a great bonus.)

The textures look fine and I have CoverKhajiits, but it doesn't solve the bizarre issue with having very shiny body parts.

As an aside -- are there also any mods that replace the 'claws' on Khajiits in first-person mode? In third person, they have their claws, but in first-person, they have human fingernails.

You can try an ENB, some have very nice effects on skin and fur.

Or you can open up the specular map for your Khajiit and other too shiny furry animals and use a image editing software (GIMP or Photoshop, not paint) to alter it to be less shiny. Usually just adjusting the map to a darker color will significantly alter the glossiness of an object. You'll need to save the altered specular map as dds and then place it back in your texture folder. You'll have to google to find out which is the specular map though, I don't know off the top of my head. Good luck :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
There's a mod called Fhaarkas's Softer Animal Fur on the Nexus, but it doesn't change the Khajiit, unfortunately. And the claws are there in third, they're just so wimpy you can't see them. That's actually how I came across this (short) thread- trying to find a Khajiit claw replacer in favor of maybe werewolf claws. The Khajiit claws aren't even noticeable.