Morrowind - Can't add "Yes to All" to skip errors

fooflinger

So I just added about 150+ mods to Morrowind and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I boot the game up and I can't even start because there are so many damn error messages - I read this is actually expected after installing TR so I should just skip through all the mod errors, which I should be able to do by adding Allowyestoall=1 to the Morrowind under [General].

However no matter where I seem to put the damn thing the option never appears. I posted my ini text into a notepad and attached it to the thread, how can I get the option to pop up? What's wrong with my current .ini? Been using Mod Organizer 2 for all of this.

Edited by fooflinger

And if Morrowind is installed in Program Files(x86), that'll probably be what the problem is. Morrowind was built before UAC or folder virtualisation were introduced in Windows Vista. Install somewhere else, like C:\Games.

And if Morrowind is installed in Program Files(x86), that'll probably be what the problem is. Morrowind was built before UAC or folder virtualisation were introduced in Windows Vista. Install somewhere else, like C:\Games.

I installed Morrowind in Program Files(x86) and I have the "yes to all" button.

Colour me surprised then, I'd've thought that folder virtualisation would move your edited morrowind.ini to virtual store.

That works for vanilla, but I know UAC can sometimes cause Wrye Mash or other tools e.g TESTool to choke meaning these tools won't work as intended as long Morrowind is installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder.

• 3 months later...

A bit late to the party on this one; however, I had much the same problem, a search led me here, comments already posted regarding UAC led me to a solution, so I thought it was worth sharing (at least for the next person with the same problem).

I was actually using the Construction Set. The information I'd already found indicated that AllowYesToAll=1 served the same purpose for this as it did for the game. I don't believe the capitalisation or position under [General] matters; mine looks like:

[General]
; New entries
AllowYesToAll=1

[LightAttenuation]

Running the application from File Explorer, by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator, now gave the Cancel button for "Yes to all".

I don't know if this is a good general solution. You may need to run other tools (such as those already mentioned) as administrator also -- I've no idea of the implications of doing that. Perhaps reinstalling in a different location (C:/Games was suggested) might be a better long-term solution.

I normally use OpenMW and I'm only doing this as something of an experiment -- a short-term solution will probably be fine for me in this instance.

A bit late to the party on this one; however, I had much the same problem, a search led me here, comments already posted regarding UAC led me to a solution, so I thought it was worth sharing (at least for the next person with the same problem).

I was actually using the Construction Set. The information I'd already found indicated that AllowYesToAll=1 served the same purpose for this as it did for the game. I don't believe the capitalisation or position under [General] matters; mine looks like:

[General]
; New entries
AllowYesToAll=1

[LightAttenuation]

Running the application from File Explorer, by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator, now gave the Cancel button for "Yes to all".

I don't know if this is a good general solution. You may need to run other tools (such as those already mentioned) as administrator also -- I've no idea of the implications of doing that. Perhaps reinstalling in a different location (C:/Games was suggested) might be a better long-term solution.

I normally use OpenMW and I'm only doing this as something of an experiment -- a short-term solution will probably be fine for me in this instance.

basically, morrowind.exe and many of the related tools made for modding it have been made at a time when Windows operating systems for personal/common use would work without imposing read/write access restrictions to files and without the operative system moving files to different folders behind the scenes if deemed safer.

So any of these old programs is expecting files are in their original folders and to have full read/write access to files.

So it is always better to put morrowind installation out of any folder that modern Windows OS could want to mess with. Not only that, but recent versions of Windows allow some kind of operations (e.g. drag and drop of files to the construction set) only if you are executing the program with administrator privileges, so to make the game/tools work as expected it is better to run morrowind.exe and any related tool with a user having administrator privileges

Edited by abot