Mod resources not loading in

haddietana

Ohhh god I hope I'm not that damn idiot whose doing something obvious wrong that's been answered 10000000000 times over.

So I have the Bourgeois Banana Hotel Set downloaded and I loaded it into my .esp in GECK, but after I save and close out GECK, all the furniture disappears. I'll put it back in, but it's gone again after I save and exit.

Don't know if it's imperative to know, but I do have my .esp as the active file, and Banana's .esp is loaded over my .esp.

Thanks, and again, sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been able to find that thread...

To clarify some assumptions implied in your description, you are using assets from the "Bourgeois Banana Hotel Set" but that plugin is in the form of an ESP file? And by "loaded over" you mean "loaded before"? That being the case ...

The GECK does not allow ESP files to be "masters" (providing assets used by "dependent" mods such as yours). You need to first change the "Banana" ESP into an ESM file using FNVEdit. Please see "TIP - Master files" under the "Common Problems with GECK" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. Once you have saved your plugin and verified "Banana" is now required as a "master" and the assets records are in your mod, you can reverse the ESM "flag" so it gets treated as an ESP as expected.

A common enough "trick" question we added it to the wiki, but most people new to the GECK don't know to check for our wiki article.

-Dubious-

To clarify some assumptions implied in your description, you are using assets from the "Bourgeois Banana Hotel Set" but that plugin is in the form of an ESP file? And by "loaded over" you mean "loaded before"? That being the case ...

The GECK does not allow ESP files to be "masters" (providing assets used by "dependent" mods such as yours). You need to first change the "Banana" ESP into an ESM file using FNVEdit. Please see "TIP - Master files" under the "Common Problems with GECK" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. Once you have saved your plugin and verified "Banana" is now required as a "master" and the assets records are in your mod, you can reverse the ESM "flag" so it gets treated as an ESP as expected.

A common enough "trick" question we added it to the wiki, but most people new to the GECK don't know to check for our wiki article.

-Dubious-

Oh my god I feel like a dumbass, thank you so much. I did look thru the table of contents in the wiki but didn't realize that section could fix it. Thank you a lot, and sorry for the trouble!