Finding Responses to my Posts

jbp7271

Hello. This site and the forums are awesome, but find myself struggling to efficiently identify posts that are direct responses a questions or comments I've posted.

I have a link to "My Content" which shows me all topics I have posted to, but it only shows if there is a new post. Not necessarily an answer or comment to one of mine.

I do still use that identifier of new posts, but then I have to go all the way to the last page, then manually scroll through to find my post, then carefully go through all the other content to see if maybe someone responded to me. Maybe I'm just stupid, but there has to be a better way to do this. Please help.

Thank you! :)

Hello. This site and the forums are awesome, but find myself struggling to efficiently identify posts that are direct responses a questions or comments I've posted.

I have a link to "My Content" which shows me all topics I have posted to, but it only shows if there is a new post. Not necessarily an answer or comment to one of mine.

I do still use that identifier of new posts, but then I have to go all the way to the last page, then manually scroll through to find my post, then carefully go through all the other content to see if maybe someone responded to me. Maybe I'm just stupid, but there has to be a better way to do this. Please help.

Thank you! :smile:

One thing to do is click the FOLLOW THIS TOPIC button to the right of your post title above the REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button

That way, you'll get an email when anybody replies to the topic

Although, when people reply and don't quote what they're replying to, especially if there's a lot of post in the thread, then it gets pretty confusing.

One thing to do is click the FOLLOW THIS TOPIC button to the right of your post title above the REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button

Although, when people reply and don't quote what they're replying to, especially if there's a lot of post in the thread, then it gets pretty confusing.

Thanks. I do select that sometimes, but then I get an email when anyone replies anyone else's post too, not just mine. :/ I supposed it's not as bad if I start an entirely new topic (like this one).

How do I identify my post number? I think that would help when searching through existing topics for responses to my posts.

(In response to post #xxxxxxxx)

Thanks!

Thanks. I do select that sometimes, but then I get an email when anyone replies anyone else's post too, not just mine. :/ I supposed it's not as bad if I start an entirely new topic (like this one).

How do I identify my post number? I think that would help when searching through existing topics for responses to my posts.

Thanks!

If you click on the "In response to post xxxxxx" it should bring you directly to that post

Thanks!

If you click on the "In response to post xxxxxx" it should bring you directly to that post

Yes, but I mean before I find the response that has the "In response to post" in it. I want to search for my post number that might be in someone else's response to me.

Hello. This site and the forums are awesome, but find myself struggling to efficiently identify posts that are direct responses a questions or comments I've posted. omegle

That way, you'll get an email when anybody replies to the topic auto clicker

Although, when people reply and don't quote what they're replying to, especially if there's a lot of post in the thread, then it gets pretty confusing. walmart one

Thanks!

when people reply and don't quote what they're replying to, especially if there's a lot of post in the thread, then it gets pretty confusing.

Edited by leiegleason

Thanks!

when people reply and don't quote what they're replying to, especially if there's a lot of post in the thread, then it gets pretty confusing.

If you quote via the forums, rather than replying on the mod page, it completely separates your reply from the original comment flow. Making it really hard to read. On the forum itself quoting is fine, but for mod pages you're better of reply in the comments section of the mod page.