Fallout 4 online multiplayer

BenjaminHowarth

Well, there is Skyrim Together, which is... uh... somewhat a multiplayer mod/setup?

It's somewhat stable, has still quite a few problems with syncing the instances, desyncs almost every time, when changing cells from indoor to outdoor and vice versa and quests aren't synced at all. The usual stuff when you try to slap online multiplayer on a game that is not created for multiplayer experience at all. At it's current state, it's still nothing more than "Second Life in Skyrim" where people talk over discord about the bugs they experience.

I doubt that they are going to create Fallout 4 Together anytime soon or ever, since they had a lot of drama with their "community", including the usual death threats from people who always demand more than what they deserve.

Anyway, I wonder why people are so obsessed with "multiplayer everything" these days. Video Games are built around a set of core mechanics. If none of those core mechanics have "multiplayer" in their name, you won't get a multiplayer experience out of them.

So we know its possible as we have the disaster that is FO76. Wonder if FO4 could be made online multiplayer

Lol, Fo76 is FO4 as multiplayer. They didn't change the code at all, carried over a lot of the very same bugs in FO4 - even those that were fixed by the modding community.

So we know its possible as we have the disaster that is FO76. Wonder if FO4 could be made online multiplayer

Lol, Fo76 is FO4 as multiplayer. They didn't change the code at all, carried over a lot of the very same bugs in FO4 - even those that were fixed by the modding community.

^ He speaks the truth

FO 76 doesn't have any NPC's though, that I am aware of, and isn't it restricted to like 10 or so players per 'instance'? Now, lets try doing it with a couple dozen NPC's for the server to keep track of.... along with the players...... Yeah, there is a recipe for disaster.......

Threads of this nature have been popping up since morrowind. So far as I am aware, NO ONE has put together a multiplayer experience this is worth playing. (including Bethesda......)

FO 76 doesn't have any NPC's though, that I am aware of, and isn't it restricted to like 10 or so players per 'instance'? Now, lets try doing it with a couple dozen NPC's for the server to keep track of.... along with the players...... Yeah, there is a recipe for disaster.......

Threads of this nature have been popping up since morrowind. So far as I am aware, NO ONE has put together a multiplayer experience this is worth playing. (including Bethesda......)

NPCs were added with an expansion.

Not that it makes the game any better, but it's the FIRST Bethesda game I didn't and will never buy.

NPCs were added with an expansion.

Not that it makes the game any better, but it's the FIRST Bethesda game I didn't and will never buy.

Wastelanders aside, the ZeniMax-driven nightmare that is 76 is why several want to see about making their own multiplayer "done right" and without all those truly awful layers of transactions. ("micro" my ass) Me? I'm staying clear anyway. It's time to face facts here; ZeniMax WILL SUE anyone that makes a good system for theft of intellectual property.