Skyrim VR and creation kit

Hi guys, looked online and can't find a straight forward answer with step by step instructions. can someone please tell me how to get CK to work with skyrim VR? is it possible? I already have the CK installed in my SE version and I've tried a few things online like installing to VR folder and the custom ini etc but I think its still pulling SE data files (i know it tries to save to the SE data folder)

• 2 months later...

You have to use regedit to add an installed path key for Skyrim Special Edition that points to Skyrim VR.

Assuming you do not also have Skyrim SE installed:

1. Right click the Windows "Start" button and select "Run".

2. Enter regedit in the Open field and press OK.

3. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks".

4. Right click on "Bethesda Softworks" and select New > Key

5. Rename the new key "Skyrim Special Edition"

6. Select the "Skyrim Special Edition" key.

7. Right click a blank area and a New selector will appear.

8. Add a new string value and name it "Installed Path".

9. Right click on "Installed Path" and select "Modify..."

10. Copy the path to your Skyrim VR game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR) in the "Value Data" field and hit OK.

11. Close the Registry Editor

12. Install Creation Kit using the Bathesda.net Launcher.

If you have Skyrim Special Edition installed as well as Slyrim VR, just modify the Installed Path value under the Skyrim Special Edition key to point to the Skyrim VR folder. You will have to change this value back to use Creation Kit again in Skyrim Special Edition.

If you had the Creation Kit installed for Skyrim Special Edition, you will have to uninstall it and install it again when you change it to Skyrim VR.

• 1 year later...

You have to use regedit to add an installed path key for Skyrim Special Edition that points to Skyrim VR.

Assuming you do not also have Skyrim SE installed:

1. Right click the Windows "Start" button and select "Run".

2. Enter regedit in the Open field and press OK.

3. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks".

4. Right click on "Bethesda Softworks" and select New > Key

5. Rename the new key "Skyrim Special Edition"

6. Select the "Skyrim Special Edition" key.

7. Right click a blank area and a New selector will appear.

8. Add a new string value and name it "Installed Path".

9. Right click on "Installed Path" and select "Modify..."

10. Copy the path to your Skyrim VR game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR) in the "Value Data" field and hit OK.

11. Close the Registry Editor

12. Install Creation Kit using the Bathesda.net Launcher.

If you have Skyrim Special Edition installed as well as Slyrim VR, just modify the Installed Path value under the Skyrim Special Edition key to point to the Skyrim VR folder. You will have to change this value back to use Creation Kit again in Skyrim Special Edition.

If you had the Creation Kit installed for Skyrim Special Edition, you will have to uninstall it and install it again when you change it to Skyrim VR.

What an outstanding post. Thank you very much!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember using RegEdit but maybe I'm forgetting something. I checked my notes and nothing there about it. I looked online and the only reference I see is in another thread and mentions RegEdit. Ok, I guess. I just don't remember ever doing this, it's not in my notes, and I run CK through MO2 with no issues.
By the way, I suggest also using "SSE CreationKit Fixes"
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20061

A plug for my little "guide" for Skyrim VR modding with links:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9841948-skyrim-vr-starters-resource-links/

Edited by ntblood

• 1 year later...