Unrecoverable Error - Vortex Won't Start After a Certain Update

JetKusanagi
Go to solution Solved by JetKusanagi,

It appeared to be functioning perfectly last night with this new computer that I got yesterday. However when I tried to start everything up today, I got the attached error message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happened. What can I do? A good chunk of the reason that I bought this new computer is so I could play modded Skyrim again.

Yes, also, it'd be a good idea to pause or stop your virus protection and reinstall Vortex, right over the top of itself, there may have been files that weren't allowed to 'write' during install.

Also, check if you're running Windows Defender, and if you are, turn off "Controlled Folder Access"

I saw an older post from you assisting someone with the same issue so I tried disabling Windows Defender and adding the folder to the exclusions. I've also tried both uninstalling and re-installing as well as just installing the program on top of itself without uninstalling. Nothing seems to work. Is there something I'm missing? Is there perhaps a way that I can manually add the missing files?

• Solution

Okay, so I found out that I WASN'T running things as the administrator. I thought that just having the only account on the network made me the administrator but as it turns out that there's the secret administrator hidden in the system. I activated that and installed it and everything works. Vortex even still sees the mods that I installed before all of this.

To anyone that has problems similar to me, I'll just say to find out how to activate the REAL admin account on your PC. Thanks for your help HadToRegister!