Daedroth

Skolhamarr

no I see dino head.... it seem to work fine..

exanimis there is alot of good animation and texture in that game gothic that would help you. no to play it but look it for ideas, it worth your time to look at it.. just for that.

I'm sure there are some great meshes and textures in that game but I'm working really hard to learn to make my own. I will be making everything from scratch including the animations. I have a lot of time on my hands to learn what I need and I am willing to learn. I'm not planning on releasing this mod any time soon.

if you need help with research of creators I am full of useless knowledge. lol I have lot time on my hands the way the building industry and housing market is right now.

The market is bad and construction workers are suffering. I hope you haven't been laid off. I think I'm ok with research, I have a lot of books on fossils and dinosaurs. I just need to do a lot of learning before I can finish this mod. If you do find any unusual pictures like the one that started this thread, then post them here. That may help me to make this mod that much different.

• 2 weeks later...

<insert lightbulb here>

:D

Buckle up because this suggestion could take a wild ride. First I'll start off with what I like about the mod ideas so far:

1)OMG A REAL DINO MOD THAT WON'T BE CRAP!

2)It seems like it will have a TON of variety

3)Very open to suggestions and ideas from many people (after all mods should be, in part built by the masses to entertain the masses)

Having said that, I've noticed very little talk of SMALL things, like raptors and such, just GAINTS like T-Rex, Spinosaurus, and Giganotosaurus (that would be sweet to see in the mod :D ). My real suggestion is that you create (probobly with OBSE) a form of true Artificial Intelligence. Creatures like Stegosaurus were stupid (because of it's brain smaller than it's eyeball) and their actions should reflect that, like limited functionality, basic strategems and little sense of teamwork. Whereas Velociraptor was hyper-intelligent and hunted in large packs employing extremely complex manuevres and strategies, and THEIR actions should reflect that as well. This would all take an incredibly long time to script properly (thus you should release the version without "True AI" first so as to give people something to download it and include it in a second version or a patch) and would realistically (since I am given the impression that there will be an upwards of 50 new creatures) nearly double project length. However, if it was done it would EASILY outclass any form of creature mod in existance and would definately shatter conceptions of what Oblivion mods are capable of.

Wow! and I mean WOW! 50 new creatures? I don't think I'm ready for that. I do have some new creatures that I'm working on for this mod (see THIS thread) and I will have a variety of prehistoric beasts but you have to realize that I am alone. I've tried to promote this mod and peak the interests of others but so far it's just me working on it. I'm working hard to model the animals and creatures for this mod. I've created the world and added the terrain. I've designed four new races, Two will be completely new with skeletons, animations and skin but will not be playable races (they are the bad guys). I have created a new set of structures to build walls with. I've made weapons and am working on armor. There is still a lot to do and I am working on doing it but I still have a lot of learning to do first. I have also started building the cities and adding the roads between them.

This mod will have very little to do with The Elder Scrolls, Oblivion or Cyrodiil and so everything has to be made from scratch. I can't have people using gold septums to by things with or have cave men spreading rumors about the emperors death. Everything has to change from housing to city walls to ships, currency, clothing, treasure chests, ruins...etc etc.

I think if you could see all the work I've done on this mod you would be amazed but it's just the beginning. I work on this from 8 to 16 hours a day and I usually have two computers running at the same time. One adding terrain and the other I'm working on or one with a tutorial and the other with blender or some other program going. I'll be the first to tell you that this mod is a long time away from being finished. I have too many programs to learn to even consider adding OBSE to the list

I see, I was not aware that you were all alone in this hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps I can procure some assistance for you. I'm learning OBSE, and hopefully in a month or two, I'll be good in it, so if you want my help you've got it. I am by no means a competant modeler, but I'm pretty good at scripting stuff and I'm good with ideas. Let me know if you need my help.

I see, I was not aware that you were all alone in this hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps I can procure some assistance for you. I'm learning OBSE, and hopefully in a month or two, I'll be good in it, so if you want my help you've got it. I am by no means a competant modeler, but I'm pretty good at scripting stuff and I'm good with ideas. Let me know if you need my help.

Any help would be appreciated. I figured that Blender would be the most complicated of all the programs to learn so I started with that. I am comfortable with the CS and I can create anything I want in Blender so I'm getting there. I still can't texture the creatures that I make because I don't know enough about Nifskope or the Gimp. I'm learning to weight paint, add collision and animate so it shouldn't be long before I can add the creatures then the mod should pick up it's pace. I've built the world and added terrain, I've started adding cities and the connecting roads. I've created new city walls, new houses, buildings and a pyramid. I have made the meshes for three new creatures, several dinosaurs a load of weapons, armor, shields and two new races. (Non Playable) I'm writing the story and creating all the new clutter and ruins that will be needed. I'm working on new quest ideas but my quest and script writing abilities aren't very good, something else I need to learn. This mod will be finished eventually because I am not going to give up on it.

You say you are pretty good with scripting? The only script I've written was for a secret door, one script, none of my other attempts have been successful. Your scripting talents will assure the release of this mod that much faster. Welcome to the Pellucidar project. I'll be contacting you by PM in a day or two so that we can figure out what you'll need to get started. I have several ideas but I don't know if they can be scripted or not.

Glad to be aboard Exanimis. You mentioned texturing? I may also be of some help in that (I stress SOME, I'm still figuring stuff out with my tinkerings). Perhaps we should think of starting a new thread in File Requests/Suggestions? PM me your thoughts.

He he he he! My Raptor is only 1766 faces :) low poly and almost ready for the game.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/crossbones59/Pellucidar/Raptor.jpg

Wow

Archived