Respawning bandits RNG like in skyrim

soupcanharry7789

• You double-click on an element similar to the one you want to create (in this case a NPC),
  • edit the elements you want (for example if you want non-Dunmer eggs looters in VHRME you edit the race),
  • change the editor ID with something starting with letters (so the game doesn't become unstable) and with a new editor ID you're unlikely to find in the other mods (to avoid any conflict ; a combination of your nickname, a description of the object and the mod's acronym is a very good choice)
  • confirm you want to create a new element,
  • drag and drop to the leveled list of your choice.

hey dont take this the wrong way but Im not a fan. You give npc high tier armor and weapons like deadric and glass

but I appreciate what you manage to do. its just not what I'm looking for. If anyone else reads this thread and likes my idea (if its evean possiple to make what I suggested in morrowinds engine) Please fell free to make it. I might try what you and hostiles mod did. I wanted to do this without changing the vanilla NPC but I dont know how to script and I have no interest at the moment. so if anyone skilled in morrowinds construction set I hope you take a look at my original post

No problem but why do you keep insisting about scripting? What do you think you have to do using scripts?

All you need to do is create leveled lists and place them wherever you want.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

• You double-click on an element similar to the one you want to create (in this case a NPC),
  • edit the elements you want (for example if you want non-Dunmer eggs looters in VHRME you edit the race),
  • change the editor ID with something starting with letters (so the game doesn't become unstable) and with a new editor ID you're unlikely to find in the other mods (to avoid any conflict ; a combination of your nickname, a description of the object and the mod's acronym is a very good choice)
  • confirm you want to create a new element,
  • drag and drop to the leveled list of your choice.

hey dont take this the wrong way but Im not a fan. You give npc high tier armor and weapons like deadric and glass

but I appreciate what you manage to do. its just not what I'm looking for. If anyone else reads this thread and likes my idea (if its evean possiple to make what I suggested in morrowinds engine) Please fell free to make it. I might try what you and hostiles mod did. I wanted to do this without changing the vanilla NPC but I dont know how to script and I have no interest at the moment. so if anyone skilled in morrowinds construction set I hope you take a look at my original post

No problem but why do you keep insisting about scripting? What do you think you have to do using scripts?

All you need to do is create leveled lists and place them wherever you want.

To be honest I dont know I thought scripting was the only way

I like to use scripts attached to misc items to avoid conflicts with cell alterations and leveled lists. Multiple misc items also lets me pass the script length limit as well. I generally use weather, reactions to sound, cell name, if exterior or if exterior to spawn my stuff for my upcoming MW overhaul mod.

Sometimes I'll make a script only function if for example it has ModdedItemCount 0 and it adds such item upon firing then another later script or condition removes said dummy item... On say, OnCellChange to prevent the script from spamming too extensively. Bunch of weightless misc items essentially. I have to warn future users they probably should never remove such items for the mod to work right, but doesn't seem to interfere with gameplay and works like a charm.

Also keep in mind by default the Wilderness cell is the deap ocean if you want to have scripted summons there. I really like making everything depend on scripts cause it avoids leveled lists conflicts and avoids cell change conflicts. Downloaders of your content don't even need to worry about the time consuming complexity of downloading additional patches or complex installs.

In the future I'll share some of my scripts, or if you really want I could PM you some of my example scripts.

I think the key to respawning bandits anyways, is a random condition, added by a misc dummy item you always have, which has If conditions related to either the cell you're in, or the sounds going off around you.

You could easily make a very long script perhaps with multiple misc items, involving every vanilla dungeon, with a random chance to summon your bandits.

(I am using a similar but different idea, where rare more powerful giant versions of common mods, have a low chance to spawn every time a specific creature utters it's sound file).

Edited by Letrarunt