Ctrl+F4 feature not working

Hello guys.

After moving the game to a new SSD, the (Ctrl+F4) stopped working. And it seems to be the only thing that doesn't work in my CK. Reinstalling CK didn't help. Any ideas what might be causing this dysfunction?

No, tbh.

I hope someone does answer this, though because I'm shortly going to be building a whole new PC. I doubt it's to do with SSD v HDD, but I'm reluctant to move to SSD even now. That function stopping working would be a complete pain!

No, tbh.

I hope someone does answer this, though because I'm shortly going to be building a whole new PC. I doubt it's to do with SSD v HDD, but I'm reluctant to move to SSD even now. That function stopping working would be a complete pain!

I should have probably mentioned that I reinstalled the Windows 10 as well, it was complete makeover, sort of speak. Perhaps that new firewall is blocking something, though it usually tells me when something is blocked and I added CK to the whitelist. Perhaps some Windows file, responsible for this, is deactivated or missing. Or perhaps it's the file from CK.

I have no clue and hoping that the this community has not lost all of its experts yet, which are willing at least to try helping.

No, tbh.

I should have probably mentioned that I reinstalled the Windows 10 as well, it was complete makeover, sort of speak. Perhaps that new firewall is blocking something, though it usually tells me when something is blocked and I added CK to the whitelist. Perhaps some Windows file, responsible for this, is deactivated or missing. Or perhaps it's the file from CK.

I have no clue and hoping that the this community has not lost all of its experts yet, which are willing at least to try helping.

you can't "move" data fro move spot to another ,that destroys path=...

If the game was purchased from Bethesda then you need to reinstall the launcher and the game to the new location.

U I use ssd cards ,the size of my pinky nail. I have no issues , but I did have issues moving the source game from Drive C: to D: exactly as you stated here.

If your planning on a new setup. I'm sure there's going to be a dvd reader writer also? IF so, you need to reconfigure the drive letters for the drives, make sure drive D: is in fact your ssd drive / external drive. ( " D: ) "

Install all gaming software to that drive.

Some programs like GOG galaxy respond to the drive the setup.exe is located. Steam will act the same way.

when you download the setup programs ,Bethesda launcher and such, always move the *.exe's to the drive D: to solve installation problems.

The root of the drive is the first instruction encoded within the setup programs.

This makes the system register keyboard functions to that software's packages. " registry entries"

Any one is free to test this, learn it , find out how things work.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

I'm purring 4 U!

I'll remember that (Or I'll remember to look up this post next time I get stuck, more like!), although I did move everything to a new machine last time and got it to work... I must have forgotten what I did! The old PC just had one C:\drive. The present machine has 4 and CK is not on C:\ drive, nor are any of my games.

I'm purring 4 U!

I'll remember that (Or I'll remember to look up this post next time I get stuck, more like!), although I did move everything to a new machine last time and got it to work... I must have forgotten what I did! The old PC just had one C:\drive. The present machine has 4 and CK is not on C:\ drive, nor are any of my games.

A small warning, all gaming software and editors must reside on the same drive as the games.

Otherwise the system will be cross indexing constantly and lock up it or the machine, not to mention really abusive wear and tear on the hardware.

It's not a good idea to turn off indexing either. So you've been warned.

Cheers... still purring!

My gaming and editing stuff is all on E: My OS on C:, of course, My saved meshes, textures etc are on C: and duplicated on F:, same goes for any other saves like excel, word etc. I keep personal backups of my esp and bsa files on 2 drives also. My extracted Beth BSA files are on G:

I'm too darned lazy about backing up to an external SSd... must get onto that before it bites me in the posterior!

To the OP. I seem to recall (at long last) that I just followed tutorials on-line when I set everything up again. There are loads of them.

you can't "move" data fro move spot to another ,that destroys path=...

If the game was purchased from Bethesda then you need to reinstall the launcher and the game to the new location.

U I use ssd cards ,the size of my pinky nail. I have no issues , but I did have issues moving the source game from Drive C: to D: exactly as you stated here.

If your planning on a new setup. I'm sure there's going to be a dvd reader writer also? IF so, you need to reconfigure the drive letters for the drives, make sure drive D: is in fact your ssd drive / external drive. ( " D: ) "

Install all gaming software to that drive.

Some programs like GOG galaxy respond to the drive the setup.exe is located. Steam will act the same way.

when you download the setup programs ,Bethesda launcher and such, always move the *.exe's to the drive D: to solve installation problems.

The root of the drive is the first instruction encoded within the setup programs.

This makes the system register keyboard functions to that software's packages. " registry entries"

Any one is free to test this, learn it , find out how things work.

Kitty Black

Thanks Kitty for the answer, though the only thing I moved, was MO2, and I've restored all the paths I could find, everything else was reinstalled. The game works, the CK works also, loads the game and mods without any issues, except that one dysfunction... Is there a way to see all paths the CK is using? Though, I am not sure if this is the path problem but worth exploring.

The majority of issues with other software as well, came with a particular MVC++ being missing. So I wonder, is there a specific MVC++ version CK requires for its functionality?

Thanks Kitty for the answer, though the only thing I moved, was MO2, and I've restored all the paths I could find, everything else was reinstalled. The game works, the CK works also, loads the game and mods without any issues, except that one dysfunction... Is there a way to see all paths the CK is using? Though, I am not sure if this is the path problem but worth exploring.

The majority of issues with other software as well, came with a particular MVC++ being missing. So I wonder, is there a specific MVC++ version CK requires for its functionality?

That is from the setup program for the software, and registry entries. so the only way to fix that bug is to use a powerful uninstaller program to remove all it's tracks and reinstall the program.

you can not rely on it's uninstaller nor windows to fix that bug.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/

That's worth it weight in gold. Buy it, make darn sure you purchase the portable version so the license never runs out.

You will normally need to be online and logged in to Bethesda to accomplish all of these tasks at the same time.

Through the launcher program. There isn't any other way to fix that bug. Also ccleaner, will help track down erroneous information the uninstaller pro misses.

But the data comes from the launchers installer program. it's not resident and it's inside a wrapper during install.