fixing false save corruption bug and dialog errors

Fractalbase

Ok the moment you involve Microsoft windows, things change in the approaches.

your system ram cap is some how maxing out, don't worry...I'll explain this.

Standby memory is taking up needed resources while and during game play, that means some other applications are also running when the game launches, where it should not be doing so.

I'll link you into some minor bug fixing pages that show you exactly how to do things.

this is what Standby memory is.

Bad-windows-Bad.jpg

Now understand, this is not even a good thing.

when any program exceeds the allocated ram , the processes fail.

now the instructions I am turning you onto , you must follow to the (T)

Bad-windows-Bad-2.jpg

Now go watch and permalink this video.

Nut's it's on another machine ..I'll come back and edit this on that machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAxuGjdahd0&feature=emb_rel_err

And here is the product he used in the video.

https://mega.nz/file/oXYFmYxL#XxQI0Xk-0OmR-HIeJ4AuomiZQX7Q0hEg1gCLiPxTjBk

Now, the reason you seen mine maxed out is due to the fact I am reinstalling / downloading fallout 4 to assist in someones bug problems.

I don't leave games installed, they take up space.

But it serves a purpose so you can see what I'm referring too.

I own this game too. But I 'm not the one with this bug, some how I need to see it Live, during it taking place.

Kitty

Edited by Purr4me

this is a direct quote from you "Also, NPC dialog options disappear or do not work when this happens"

Ya know what that is?

it's a mod conflict.

Now the bad code is stored in that saved game file. Any saves that has any of those mods in them.

I should have read that more .

But when starting Skyrim SE fresh, each save file loads successfully, and all dialog works successfully. For a while.

Did you read the article that I quoted?

yes, I read it. the issue your having is mod related.

Any mods that alter vanilla dialogs will cause them not to show up if the mod was not designed properly.

there's a lot of mods you have that effect dialogs.

That there was the key. Anyone whom changes default quest dialogs break the game functions, there are too many variables involved.

IF you have some how installed any scripts into the game main folders, then those as loose scripts will be picked up by the default game runtime. Vortex or not.

So make sure there is no extra data added into the default game directories.

the bug your tracking after is leading you in the wrong direction.

A raw clean game will not produce this kind of bug. Regardless of reedit postings. people there will blatantly Omit things.

I fix games, that's pretty much all I do anymore...fix games. Other peoples games.

Diagnostics.

with out me seeing the situation occur under a non controlled environment, it is impossible to know for a fact what the problem is, from experience and pure logic, you have a mod problem.

Edited by Purr4me

yes, I read it. the issue your having is mod related.

Any mods that alter vanilla dialogs will cause them not to show up if the mod was not designed properly.

there's a lot of mods you have that effect dialogs.

That there was the key. Anyone whom changes default quest dialogs break the game functions, there are too many variables involved.

IF you have some how installed any scripts into the game main folders, then those as loose scripts will be picked up by the default game runtime. Vortex or not.

So make sure there is no extra data added into the default game directories.

the bug your tracking after is leading you in the wrong direction.

A raw clean game will not produce this kind of bug. Regardless of reedit postings. people there will blatantly Omit things.

I fix games, that's pretty much all I do anymore...fix games. Other peoples games.

Diagnostics.

with out me seeing the situation occur under a non controlled environment, it is impossible to know for a fact what the problem is, from experience and pure logic, you have a mod problem.

Actually, I fixed the problem. Turns out I had installed the mod "SSE Engine Fixes" wrong. Part 1 is installed with a mod organizer such as Vortex. Part 2 is downloaded manually and the contents manually copied to the Skyrim SE folder. Turns out I had installed Part 2 with Vortex. After uninstalling Part 2 with Vortex, then manually copying the files from Part 2 to my Skyrim SE folder, my game runs perfectly fine now.

I can play as long as I want and can always reload any save. And all dialog works all of the time now.

I should have read the instructions for the "SSE Engine Fixes" mod more closely.

Anyways, thanks for your efforts.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

uh... I kinda have this issue, and the second I saw Purr4me mention the ESM never going below ESP files, I checked my load order, and.... It's not pretty lol my ESM, ESP, ESL(not sure if esl has any importance in this, I'm not smart on this subject) are all over the place. Not sure if anyone is gonna see this, but when Purr4me says that you need to set your rules (I use Vortex), I need to set multiple rules for every single esm file, to always load before every single esp... for every single one of them...?

uh... I kinda have this issue, and the second I saw Purr4me mention the ESM never going below ESP files, I checked my load order, and.... It's not pretty lol my ESM, ESP, ESL(not sure if esl has any importance in this, I'm not smart on this subject) are all over the place. Not sure if anyone is gonna see this, but when Purr4me says that you need to set your rules (I use Vortex), I need to set multiple rules for every single esm file, to always load before every single esp... for every single one of them...?

There are NO exceptions, that's how these games are laid out to operate. ESM's are the master files, ESP's are the Plugin's to master files as they follow ESM's.

I seen and messed around with the new esl flags too, irregardless of internal settings, the file extension takes precedence over internal relationships.

Some assemblies I have had the misfortune of witnessing are way out there "direct hands on remote", some mods are made with this kind of setup and distributed.

Needless to say, Every mod I have inspected? I have had to rebuild to remove the irregularities due to false pretenses of how the code is supposed to operate.

It only works 1 way. That's it.

People force the issues and just Jam it in any way they see fit.

Be smart, learn more, Be aware. Study. Ifa custom made mod is made by a reputable author, you ask that Authors directly for advice on their mods.

IF you can't get an answer ? you contact me, I'll help you figure out what's wrong.

Now, if you break some ones mod, or have things in a mess? I can't help with the mess, you must reinstall broken mods.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

I think some of the confusion here is that generally, master plugins should always appear at the top of your load order, and while most master plugins have the ".esm" file extension, some do not. For example, the plugin "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp" is a master plugin despite having an ".esp" extension instead of an ".esm" extension. (You can see that it is a master plugin by opening xEdit and looking at the plugin information. You can also see this information in Vortex if you use Vortex to manage your mods.)