fixing false save corruption bug and dialog errors

Fractalbase

uh... I kinda have this issue, and the second I saw Purr4me mention the ESM never going below ESP files, I checked my load order, and.... It's not pretty lol my ESM, ESP, ESL(not sure if esl has any importance in this, I'm not smart on this subject) are all over the place. Not sure if anyone is gonna see this, but when Purr4me says that you need to set your rules (I use Vortex), I need to set multiple rules for every single esm file, to always load before every single esp... for every single one of them...?

The original issue I posted was due to me not originally installing "SSE Engine Fixes" correctly: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230?tab=files

First of all, my original issue can occur if you don't have SSE Engine Fixes installed. It can also occur if you don't install SSE Engine Fixes correctly.

There are 2 parts, the first can be installed with a mod manager, the second MUST be installed manually. That is how I resolved my issue from this post.

I think some of the confusion here is that generally, master plugins should always appear at the top of your load order, and while most master plugins have the ".esm" file extension, some do not. For example, the plugin "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp" is a master plugin despite having an ".esp" extension instead of an ".esm" extension. (You can see that it is a master plugin by opening xEdit and looking at the plugin information. You can also see this information in Vortex if you use Vortex to manage your mods.)

No confusion, those so flagged also load at the top underneath esm files

You would not want them bellow others. Nah hun No confusion.

uh... I kinda have this issue, and the second I saw Purr4me mention the ESM never going below ESP files, I checked my load order, and.... It's not pretty lol my ESM, ESP, ESL(not sure if esl has any importance in this, I'm not smart on this subject) are all over the place. Not sure if anyone is gonna see this, but when Purr4me says that you need to set your rules (I use Vortex), I need to set multiple rules for every single esm file, to always load before every single esp... for every single one of them...?

There are NO exceptions, that's how these games are laid out to operate. ESM's are the master files, ESP's are the Plugin's to master files as they follow ESM's.

I seen and messed around with the new esl flags too, irregardless of internal settings, the file extension takes precedence over internal relationships.

Some assemblies I have had the misfortune of witnessing are way out there "direct hands on remote", some mods are made with this kind of setup and distributed.

Needless to say, Every mod I have inspected? I have had to rebuild to remove the irregularities due to false pretenses of how the code is supposed to operate.

It only works 1 way. That's it.

People force the issues and just Jam it in any way they see fit.

Be smart, learn more, Be aware. Study. Ifa custom made mod is made by a reputable author, you ask that Authors directly for advice on their mods.

IF you can't get an answer ? you contact me, I'll help you figure out what's wrong.

Now, if you break some ones mod, or have things in a mess? I can help with the mess, you must reinstall broken mods.

Kitty Black

Heyy, Thnx for the reply ^^ sry that mine is late to yours. But yea, I see what you're saying. Not gonna argue with anyone you tell me either, cus I'm really uneducated on all of this. Tomorrow, I'll read/watch some stuff about load orders, and esm/esp, and try to remedy the issue. Also, thnx to Fractalbase for that info bit too

The original issue I posted was due to me not originally installing "SSE Engine Fixes" correctly: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230?tab=files

First of all, my original issue can occur if you don't have SSE Engine Fixes installed. It can also occur if you don't install SSE Engine Fixes correctly.

There are 2 parts, the first can be installed with a mod manager, the second MUST be installed manually. That is how I resolved my issue from this post.

yea no, I see that. At the time when I hopped into here, I didn't have SSE Engine Fixes installed, at all. I got the SSE Engine Fixes right, and it doesn't do that "corrupted file" thing anymore. However, I do get lag sometimes(not too common, but still annoying), and when I posted(along with today), the game completely froze up on me. And, I'm guessing it's an issue with me relying too much on LOOT, to sort my mods for me, and not doing anything manual at all. Guess it is pretty dumb of me to just get about 300 mods, and not learn how to sort them properly lol

• 3 months later...

Hi, I finally found a forum about problems of corrupted saves and bug dialogs after a while, thanks. I read almost all posts. If i well understand I must use Vortex to change order of ESM and ESP? It's the good way to fix dialogues bug who disappear.?

Because I already installed it, and I have some troubles to work it correctly. I see Load Order at right of flag but how i can move mods please.

Edited by Alerandros

Hi, I finally found a forum about problems of corrupted saves and bug dialogs after a while, thanks. I read almost all posts. If i well understand I must use Vortex to change order of ESM and ESP? It's the good way to fix dialogues bug who disappear.?

Because I already installed it, and I have some troubles to work it correctly. I see Load Order at right of flag but how i can move mods please.

What fixes the bug is installing the mod SSE Engine Fixes. It has to be installed correctly to work. There are 2 parts, 1 part can be installed with your mod manager, and 1 part must be manually installed. If you follow the instructions on the mod page for SSE Engine Fixes, you should be fine.

Load order is important, but was not relevant to the false save file corruption bug. Usually using LOOT (or a mod organize like Vortex which has LOOT built in) to sort your load order will help in that regard.

Sorry, I'm not english, I don't know what is exactly the mod SSE Engine Fixes. It means absolutely nothing to me installing 2 parts manually and by the mod manager. After the corrupt save it is not the most annoying to me but it is especially the fact of more not being able to talk to the npcs and to restart the game each time.

Sorry, I'm not english, I don't know what is exactly the mod SSE Engine Fixes. It means absolutely nothing to me installing 2 parts manually and by the mod manager. After the corrupt save it is not the most annoying to me but it is especially the fact of more not being able to talk to the npcs and to restart the game each time.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

follow the installation instructions.

Oh, It's skse64, I installed this mod long time ago for skyUI. I never could get skyui to work so I uninstalled all. I just deleted all scripts installed when I copied files of skse, and i set ESM/ESP in the good order in game menu mods.

Edited by Alerandros

Well, SSE Engine Fixes will fix the false save file corruption bug. But if you don't have SKSE, then you obviously can't install SSE Engine Fixes.

Sounds like you have a much large modding issue then merely the false save file corruption bug. Please start your own message thread.