In need of a solution

FullTimePatriot

So at one point my game used to save so quickly I wasn't sure if it had saved. Now it is taking longer and longer. The first dramatic shift was from a fraction of a second to 6 seconds. It has gradually been increasing in length. Now it is over a minute.

After hours of troubleshooting when this first began I came to the conclusion that it is Race Menu or XPMSSE. I found several possible solutions online that didn't pan out unfortunately. If anyone out here knows why this is happening and how I can fix it I'd be most grateful as I really would rather not get rid of these two mods thanks to the character improvements.

I doubt racemenu or the defacto "standard" skeleton is why.

I'd recommend that you post a list of your mods (and load order) so that people more well-versed than me can have a gander.

Well the reason I boiled it down to those two is because I went through the mods I had installed when the problem started to occur and after clearing out undefined scripts and objects using "FallrimTools" that fixed the issue.

I've just started a new game and it is back down to a 6 second save time. Right now what I'm testing is the theory that if you disable the options on the right of XPMSSE styles that they will not be applied to NPCs. Apparently the styles get saved into the saved game for each NPC that you meet so the more NPCs you come across the more data that needs to be saved.

Yeah, I periodically do a deep cleaning by also using "remove non-existent form instances" in addition to the regular steps. If you haven't, you might try doing that sometime, then save to a different name and try playing from there. I have yet to see any bad things happen by doing so. (after two dozen deep cleans)

It can be unnerving, since the numbers are usually very large for those entries..My last one, a few days ago cleared around 3500 or so. And i"m sure it'll be back up and thickly populated in short order.

In any case, both noted mods are somewhat "necessary" (or desired anyway) so I'd be more inclined to see it as something else that's dependent on one or both, that clutters the saves)