Hadvar and Alvor go for an adventure

BlueGunk

Here's a weird event for you troubleshooters!

I'm following Hadvar into Riverwood (as usual...) and he says: "There's my uncle!" before walking on through the village. And on. And on. And...on. Into the distance. :ermm: WTF?

I retried the scene a few times and then sent myself (via console) to wherever Alvor is lurking. I found him on the road above Honningbrew Meadery. I know he likes a drink but...

So I try the meeting again and let Hadvar go down the road into the sunset. I waited, and eventually the two of them wander nonchalantly in on the Whiterun road, and go into Alvor's house for that scene to continue as normal.

Like many of us, over the years I've modded my game to exploding levels. So these days my play-throughs use mods I have tried and tested many times.

You can imagine my surprise when this basic event failed.

I revalidated my game files and looked for any conflicts, done all the usual. Nothing that would affect the meeting shows up.

Everything else is working fine. Has anyone any ideas what is going on? I'm guessing a mod is somehow altering the quest line but, since most of my mods are known to me, I can't think which one.

Thanks!

Luck of the draw? I've had to replay portions of the game many times, and additionally with a few different actors, and none has played out exactly the same.

Thank you.

I'd go with that idea, but for the fact I can switch off the game and restart it, and have the same problem. And in hundreds of aborted start ups (you know how it is... :laugh: ) I have never had this happen!

It pongs of some interference from a mod somewhere.