Hunting/Crafting/Exploring Focus

KBL1974

Hello all modders,

I've been reading through all the forums and requests. I don't have the time to get too heavily into creating mods (single dad), so I thought id post what I think is a pretty good wishlist and get your views.

I know that some of these are, in part at least, already available. My goal is to enhance the game to the point that their is sufficient enough content that is independent of the story missions.

Hunting/Crafting/Exploring Focus - The requirement to hunt throughout the entire game.

I feel the looting breakdown should be... ammo from looting enemies, small amount of money from containers (say $10 - $30), large amount of money from selling skins (say $50 - $200 based on rarity and difficulty of beast)

This would mean that looting enemies will only top up my ammo marginally. Exploring for chests will give me enough to sustain my supplies, but if I want to man up with weapons, I need to hunt.

I want to feel excited when I see a deer running around. And feel that chasing it is purposeful. I want to have to hunt/trade/buy/prepare before I take an outpost.

I think that the reward for an outpost should be access to a ammo cache, scattered weapons from fallen enemies and vehicles only. I don't believe the enemy would write off their outposts once captured so they should always be reoccupied.

Its not like Far Cry 2 where there is an outpost at every intersection. They are easy enough to avoid so they won't overstay their welcome dotted around the island. And would make for welcome challenges to stock up and get some action. It would also increase the likelihood of random roadside encounters.

I think that I should only access my weapons from a shop, not a vending machine. It would force me to choose wisely when selecting weapons, and have a reason to traverse the map back and forth to change load out (and increase the possibility of random encounters with outposts, enemies and beasts on the way).

I like opening up fog of war via towers. The more to do the better.

I think the hud removal is important, but not to the point that it breaks gameplay. QTE's must remain as with target blue areas.

You know when you're out of health without the need of health bars. you should always heath up and reload when possible anyway. Always stock up on plants/syringes and be prepared. But you need to be able to set waypoints and know the direction. So I imagine the revamping of minimap to a minimalistic, opaque compass which only shows target areas and waypoint direction would be advantages. After all, you'll need to set waypoints to target specific animals.

Also, I purchased my loot maps, so I want to see them on my map. As someone else said, I dont want them in a GPS. If i open the map and see a cluster, then it might be worth heading there and scouting the area. My scouting I mean looking around. Not lining up minimap with diamond icon.

totally absurd thought here. Imagine if idols were surrounded by a blue target area, like forza horizon's barn cars. So you see the area on you large map only. It would make finding them a real achievement. But that's probably a better suited query for farcry 3 coder than a modder. ie impossible.

There are a lot of hardcore mods out there already. I feel that they are good for those who want those experiences. I want to enhance the fun factor. Mods like attachments, better sights, more intensive crafting, wingsuit unlock etc achieve this. The hardcore ballistics type mods are more for the hardcore gamer in my opinion. Fun encounters more often is the key. As opposed to rare but extremely difficult encounters. I personally don't like my recoil jumping all over the screen. I still like to feel a bit badass. Enhanced holster is great, except that it disarms you after a knife assassination and makes you vulnerable. Ive been killed many times while suddenly cycling weapons in a hurry under fire (and i you know you always find the mines and C4 first)

Flashing/blinking removal is essential. Honestly, sometimes its like Nintendo made this for the 3DS. May as well have gold coins spinning above enemies.

I like the idea of complicated recipes for all crafting items for example, but not necessarily too complicated for crafting syringes. God knows you'll need more.

The ability to redo wanted dead missions would be awesome as well. Big cash earner and lots of fun. No need to to path of hunter missions again, but the rarer beasts being scattered around the island would be cool for a big earner and a big buzz.

Also, I've played through twice now, and believe i had one single encounter on the water. and that was because i provoked it. The waters ways need to be patrolled more seriously and their needs to be more weapon equipped boats. Maybe, outpost should be equipped with gun mounted vehicles and boats. Another reward for taking them.

Lastly (for now),out of boredom, and having completed both endings (mild spoiler alert), I feel inclined to hunt and kill Rakyat on site.

In my world, they too are the enemy. It would be fun if they attacked on site also so you have an added buzz after an outpost and have plenty more encounters in towns and on the roads. You can also assassinate with knife kills once they are angry at you.

Anyway, I've given this a lot of thought. While I don't have the requisite skills to make it happen, you guys do. Some of my ideas came through regular play, some through inspiration from your current set of mods.

I thank all the modding community for their work, comments, instruction to date.

I'm confident that this would make for one hell of a Far Cry 3 extention/transformation. What do you guys think?

KBL