MO2 to Vortex - Instruction Translation Please

nt5raham

I'm reading instructions for a mod that were written for MO2, and I've never used MO2. They say:

" Double click the mod, click on the Filetree tab and hide Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp."

Would the equivalent of that in Vortex be to go to the Plugins tab and disable the plugin called Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp?

Thanks!

When you hide a plugin in MO2 it's effectively invisible to the game, as if it was deleted.

When you disable the plugin in the Plugins Tab of Vortex it is simply not enabled but technically the game can still see it.

In Oblivion, having a lot of disabled plugins in the game directory could apparently cause performance issues (I never observed that myself) but to my knowledge this is not a problem with the newer games.

So yeah, while disabling the plugin isn't technically the same for all intents and purposes it should have the same effect.

OK, I need a little more assistance in this area, please. Here is another, similar instruction, but regarding a .dds

"After installation, double-click the mod on the left pane, go to Filetree, scroll to wrfieldgrass01_n.dds, right-click and "Hide"

How can I accomplish this in Vortex? Thank you!

In Vortex you would right-click the mod, "Open in File Manager" and there find the file and delete it.

Then deploy, to make the change in-game.

I'm having problems with the results on Example 1..

Example 1. I disable the .esp, create or rebuild the Bash Patch, making sure the .esp is disabled in both the Plugins tab in Vortex and in Wrye Bash, but the .esp ends up enabled and required by the Bash Patch. If I disable the .esp at this point, Vortex generates a Missing Masters error saying the Bash Patch is dependent on it. I've deleted the Bash Patch and tried again, same result.

Example 3: I have a third example, where the instructions say: "this mod contains an outdated dll. Even though it's self-disabling, the warning on MO2 might get a bit annoying. So to hide it:

Double click the mod, click on Filetree > SKSE, right click the Plugins folder and click hide."

With Example 3, I followed the instructions given above by Tannin42 and Zanderat for Example 2: "In Vortex you would right-click the mod, "Open in File Manager" and there find the file and delete it. " I have deployed several times.

Vortex is now generating a persistent error message saying there is an incompatible script extender plugin, citing the same .dll that was in the Plugins folder I already deleted. I double checked and the folder and .dll are still deleted. Was this the wrong approach for this type of file, or is an additional step needed?

Neither of these problems are breaking the game as far as I can tell (it loads, no CTD, steady 60 FPS, etc.). I don't know if either is affecting the game in some other way, because I'm not really playing yet...just trying to get my mods properly installed for once. And yes, the warning message for the .dll is a bit annoying in Vortex as well.

Any ideas? Thank you!

OK, Example 3 corrected. I found another copy of the .dll in <game>\Data\SKSE\Plugins, deleted it, deployed, confirmed the external change in Vortex, started the game, exited the game, and the warning message went away.

I could still use some assistance with Example 1 and the Bash Patch issue, please. Thanks!