Texture or possible ENB glitch?

Gwyn21

Here are the pictures. The Prospector Saloon has got some weird things going on.

Zx62VhN.jpg

Everything is flawless in my game except for this. I spent hours modding, cleaning all the files, using LOOT, messing around with the ini, and finally used a wrye patch.

Also, I am using the Mojave Dream's enb with enbboost. I am using both Ojo, and NMC for textures.
Edited by Gwyn21

It also happens to all the windows on the Prospector Saloon.

Not just that one. There are cracks where you can see through it like in the first screen capture I posted.

I think it might be interior lightning but I am not sure.

Edited by Gwyn21

Please see the 'Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article. Note that any particular "pre-set" is constructed around how it looks on the author's machine. Your system is not guaranteed to look the same.

Also, move any "inactive/disabled" plugins out of the game "Data" folder. They count against the "plugin cap"(see Smaller Plugin Cap) because they get loaded by the game engine if found, and can cause "Missing Master" problems. Please see the wiki "Missing Masters" article if you get that error message. If those plugins without the "mod index" numbers are "deactivated" by the "Bash Patch", then you failed to have them "ghosted" by "Wrye Bash/Flash" when you built your "Bashed Patch". Please see the wiki "Bashed Patch file with Marked Mergeables" article.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Please see the 'Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article. Note that any particular "pre-set" is constructed around how it looks on the author's machine. Your system is not guaranteed to look the same.

Also, move any "inactive/disabled" plugins out of the game "Data" folder. They count against the "plugin cap"(see Smaller Plugin Cap) because they get loaded by the game engine if found, and can cause "Missing Master" problems. Please see the wiki "Missing Masters" article if you get that error message. If those plugins without the "mod index" numbers are "deactivated" by the "Bash Patch", then you failed to have them "ghosted" by "Wrye Bash/Flash" when you built your "Bashed Patch". Please see the wiki "Bashed Patch file with Marked Mergeables" article.

-Dubious-

Ah, I didn't know that you also had to remove the deactivated plugins.

So wait, when rebuilding it. After it deactivates mergables do I immediately rebuild it or remove those plugins first? Since what I did was had it merge the mods in order to lower the load order number after it deactivated them. After the patch is made do I activate all the merged mods plugins with the bash patch last? Since what I did was leave them off because I wasn't sure I still needed them on with the bash patch.

Edited by Gwyn21

You haven't read the article yet, which explains this. The key point is if they have been "deactivated" by the "Bashed Patch" build process. If so, then you just need to enable "ghosting" of them. That automatically adds a ".ghost" extension which prevents the game from seeing them and they don't show up in the "load order" but are still available for the BP process. If they are not related to the BP, then they need to be moved to get them out of the way. So, the basic BP process (once you have enabled "ghosting" in Wrye) is:

1. Adjust & Sort your "load order".

2. Mark Mergeables.

3. Build the BP.

4. When prompted, select "deactivate merged". (This takes care of everything else: all the needed "active" files (including the BP) are already selected.)

5. Run the game.

The next time you adjust your "load order": repeat steps 1-5 again.

Edit: Re transparency. See "Issue - ENB Transparency or Translucency problem" in the previously mentioned "Conflict" guide section.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

You haven't read the article yet, which explains this. The key point is if they have been "deactivated" by the "Bashed Patch" build process. If so, then you just need to enable "ghosting" of them. That automatically adds a ".ghost" extension which prevents the game from seeing them and they don't show up in the "load order" but are still available for the BP process. If they are not related to the BP, then they need to be moved to get them out of the way. So, the basic BP process (once you have enabled "ghosting" in Wrye) is:

1. Adjust & Sort your "load order".

2. Mark Mergeables.

3. Build the BP.

4. When prompted, select "deactivate merged". (This takes care of everything else: all the needed "active" files (including the BP) are already selected.)

5. Run the game.

The next time you adjust your "load order": repeat steps 1-5 again.

Edit: Re transparency. See "Issue - ENB Transparency or Translucency problem" in the previously mentioned "Conflict" guide section.

-Dubious-

So, would this be correct? I am seeing the plus signs. Which the article mentions. Do I remove those plugins or leave them in data? Since before I just left them there.

mZLcy6B.png

As for the translucency and transparency this is something different. I noticed that before with the ENB, and turning off the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering fixed that.

I talking about the crack in the window. Which is there even when I completely remove the ENB.

H9Enx7o.jpgB8ACVKz.jpg

Re: plugins. You leave them. The "+" is indicating they are included in the BP. They should be in your "Data" folder with the ".ghost" extension (assuming you configured Wrye to enable "ghosting"). They need to remain there for the next time you rebuild the BP, but you don't want them also included in your "load order" as seen by the game which is why Wrye uses "ghosting". As outlined earlier, once you build the BP, you are done. Don't try to overthink this. Just follow instructions.

By "crack in the window" I presume you are referring to the view through the space between the edge of the window frame and the "shade", where it appears you can see through the interior wall into the exterior? The "cracks" in the window panes are artwork.) If so, that is what is typical of an ENB detection of interior cells and transparency problem, which suggests to me that you have not in fact removed ENB as you believe. "Disabling" is not sufficient because this is a "post-processor" and shader which operates outside of the game itself. Please see "Issue - ENB is not working" and follow the reverse of the install instructions to remove it. In particular you need to remove the "D3D9.dll" file installed in the game folder for ENB.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent