Is there anything left to do?

anjenthedog

I reached level 60 a bit ago (current at level 62 approaching 63)

I'm getting a bit tired of the fluff that seems to be "all there is" much as I like walking around Tamriel.

PS> by fluff, I mean slaughtering bandit camps that respawn, killing roaming trolls, wolves, the occasional skeleton, ferrying items and messages between villages and cities, retrieving treasured family heirlooms, etc etc. Even most of the ancient ruins are perpetually empty now. And no, having them respawn without some objective (other than increasing my kill count) is no better than wiping out a dozen bandits.

I may be deluded, but I thought (don't ask me why...naivete?) there would be new, level-threshhold limited quests that opened up by now. Is there anything left to do? Do I have to hit level 70? 80? 90? 100?

Like I said, don't get me wrong. I like the "wander", but idk, I just figured something would open up with the advanced skills and level.

Added to Moksha8088 ... they have some good points.

My question is at Level 60 +

- What are the specific Vanilla Quests that you've done?

- Do you have the DLC's?

Have you added any quest, new lands, advanced companions to your game? Those mods give you new stuff to do.

Yes. I've added other quest-related mods and other lands....well cyrodil:bruma anyway.. I meant the vanilla game. I recall early on, reading many posts from people saying stuff like "that quest won't be available until you're level such-n-such" (somewhere above level 50 as I recall, because it was "so far way" from where I was at the time.)

My question is at Level 60 +

- What are the specific Vanilla Quests that you've done?

If by DLCS, you mean the stock SE game (circa 2019) including dawnguard, dragonborn .... yes.

The quests I *have not* done, I won't be doing Boethia, or the assassin's guild, (kooky as it *might sound, for moral reasons) and the civil war doesn't do anything for me, since neither the imperials nor the nords are my enemy and I don't intend on slaughtering either of them. (slaughtering sems to be the only thing to do any more. I logged on last night and was mobbed by a bunch of boring new monsters with no backstory (tundra giant, tundra troll, some rieklings, new wolves, some odd draughur, and some imp or something...killed them all in short order, yawn. slash burn kill... seemingly no objective other than slaughter. (and of course the endless wandering, which, don't get me wrong, is at least a nice visual)

Maybe I just deluded myself from previously playing FFXI years ago, where level *was* a threshold for quests? (yes, I know... they're two completely different games...)

-----------------------------------------

PS> If you have any suggestions for mods that add some interesting questing, (the "thicker" the better) I'm all ears. As long as it does't include slitting the throat of an innocent follower or running assassinations for some evil, shriveled mummy, or being a total thug. I prefer playing the hero, not being a loathsome creep we'd all like to kill off in the real world. <opinion. I respect your right to play as you see fit, but I am a realworld victim of violent crime on more than one occasion and I have no stomach for it, fantasy or not.

I know you didn’t do the Dark Brotherhood quest due to your reasons, but there is a mod that justifies the murders and in many cases makes a good point as to why they need killing.

its called Dark Brotherhood for good guys...

http://https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/

Also, there are many follower mods with associated quest, from Vilja, Recorder, to Mirai the girl with the dragon heart.

Just look around on Nexus, there are many quest and downloads you can play with to add hours of entertainment, heck I can spend almost as much time looking at all the mods as I do playing the game.

Edited by Gunslinger808

There is also a mod called Penitus Oculatus, which enables you to join the Penitus Oculatus and take destroying the Dark Brotherhood to the next level, including Babette and Cicero, after which you get radiant quests to kill DB remnants, Penitus deserters,etc.

There is also a mod called Penitus Oculatus, which enables you to join the Penitus Oculatus and take destroying the Dark Brotherhood to the next level, including Babette and Cicero, after which you get radiant quests to kill DB remnants, Penitus deserters,etc.

I like the sound of that, I’ll be looking it up!

Thanks for the suggestion. That's something might enjoy. (I think I've killed three or four hundred of their spandex obsessed assassins over the last 62 levels anyway.)

much appreciated.

Hmm, if I can ask, how do I start the "destroy the dark brotherhood" quest to get things going? (saw that requirement when I looked up Penitus Oculatus)

Never mind, I found a reference.

erm...won't work because it appears I have to do the dark brotherhood quest first, which I'm not planning on doing. oh well thanks anyway.

saurusmaximus clarified... seems doable.

Have you tried Falskaar yet? It's a worthwhile new-land mod.

If you've finished the main quest, Wyrmstooth is also a good new-land type mod.

Hmm, if I can ask, how do I start the "destroy the dark brotherhood" quest to get things going? (saw that requirement when I looked up Penitus Oculatus)

You have to kill Grelod in Riften (even for your good-guy playthrough, this shouldn't be too morally repugnant, the woman's a monster). Then talk to Aventius in Windhelm. The DB will contact you after that, and then it will be up to you.

Other options that a lot of people like are: Rigmor of Bruma, and the Forgotten City.

Have you tried Falskaar yet? It's a worthwhile new-land mod.

If you've finished the main quest, Wyrmstooth is also a good new-land type mod.

You have to kill Grelod in Riften (even for your good-guy playthrough, this shouldn't be too morally repugnant, the woman's a monster). Then talk to Aventius in Windhelm. The DB will contact you after that, and then it will be up to you.

Other options that a lot of people like are: Rigmor of Bruma, and the Forgotten City.

I have not done any of those. Thanks for the suggestions...

Ah. thanks for the hints on dark brotherhood. that seems doable after all. Yes I've been to the orphanage and killed her once, , then backtracked to an earlier save because I thought I was going to get caught up in the quest. This seems a reasonable "acceptable killing" to me. She's a royal _____