[LE] Creation Kit/RaceMenu/SKSE Help

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom NPC using RaceMenu not to create my own follower just to create the NPC and have him in my game.

The reason being is that today is my Step Dad's Birthday. He passed away 8 years ago and I would like to add him to my game so that I can just go visit him sometimes.

Now, my issue is that RaceMenu is not exporting the .nif of the Character Face I've created, either through pressing Z on the slider screen or F-5 on the Sculpt screen. I understand that this may be because I've not installed SKSE properly but it didn't really give install instructions but the ones it did give I followed exactly as it said.

I was able to get the [CharGen].npc from typing "savepcface [name]" in the console. I was even able to make the npc file in the creation kit. Problem would seem to be solved here, however, the face I was able to create with RaceMenu isn't exactly what my Step Dad looks like so I would like to be able to get the .nif so that I may alter it in a 3D modeling program and make it more suited to my needs. Here's the problem with that. Once I made the npc then highlighted his name in the actor list in the CK and pressed F-4 it said it was exported but there isn't a file anywhere on my PC named what I named the npc. I've even searched my computer with my search function for the file name and just the .nif extension and nada.

Can anyone help me? I would be greatly appreciative.

The face gen data files exported by ctrl+f4 end up being placed as follows in the data folder:

Meshes > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceGeom > [plugin with extension holding the record] > [Record ID number with 00 for load order digits].nif

Textures > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > [plugin with extension holding the record] > [Record ID number with 00 for load order digits].dds

Example (taken from Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul):

Meshes > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceGeom > CFTO.esp > 0000AA06.nif

Textures > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > CFTO.esp > 0000AA06.dds

Thank you so much! I wish I would have known that I needed to press ctrl + F-4 when exporting from the CK. Yesterday would have been much more productive. I just wish that RaceMenu worked for me like it does for everyone else. That seems to be the easiest way of getting the .nifs. Again, thank you very much!

EDIT: Ok, so I was able to get the .nif of the head but the only texture I got with it was the skin texture. The hair, eyes, and facial hair just look weird. How would I solve this?

Edited by KaelVirum