Age of Mythology installation errors

hoofhearted4

so i wanted to go back in time and play some Age of Mythology (Gold Edition) go to install it to F:\Age of Mythology. First disk installs fine, pop in the second disk and as soon as it starts downloading a certain section of the Mp3s i get an error such as

"Age of Mythology Gold Setup encountered a disk error while writing to the file F:\Age of Mythology\sound\xpack\xcinematic\fire.mp3. Make sure that your hard disk is not full and that the file is not in use."

well my hard drive is far from fill, and i cant see why that file would be in use lol. does anyone know what could be causing this?

ive installed this game before on my laptop with no problems. and my laptop was running the same OS as my desktop.

relevant info:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Direct X11 installed

PC specs are fine.

Hmm. I've never had that happen before, and I've installed AoM on a Win7 x64 bit.

This is probably a dorky suggestion, but do you think it is because it is the F drive and not the C drive?

Edited by AurianaValoria1

i really wanted to try to keep everything i could off my C drive. but let me give it a shot i suppose. its a small enough file that it wont make too much of a difference i guess.

EDIT: Nope, same problem, same place.

Edited by hoofhearted4