• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sean144800

sean144800

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Howdy, it has been quite a while since I've really toyed with the creation kit at all and I'm in need of a bit of help.

I played around with some stuff and made a new nighteye ENB shader for 24/7 use on Khajiit and my wife's fallen in love with the game again lol.

Long story short I'm wanting to craft a simple mod which disables stamina regen while a bow is drawn, identical to how magicka regen is handled while channeling or casting/"holding" a spell.

My original impulse was 

GetEquippedItemTypeActor = 7
IsAttacking

and then ModAVStaminaRegen =0
and         ModAVStaminaCombatRegen =0

But I've found I have no recollection at all of how to do that, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to with simple magic effects or perks - either that or I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks a ton for any suggestions, I'm aware what I'm trying to do is painfully simple, but I've gotten a bit lost over time.

SpiderAkiraC

SpiderAkiraC

Old Mod Boss

• Premium Member
  • 612 posts

You'd probably need to create a new "Magic effect" with target conditions to trigger only when the weapon is out and disable the "Recover" flag.

Add that effect to a magic ability and then attach that to a perk or something. I guess that's one way you could do it in my theory.

sean144800

sean144800

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

You'd probably need to create a new "Magic effect" with target conditions to trigger only when the weapon is out and disable the "Recover" flag.

Add that effect to a magic ability and then attach that to a perk or something. I guess that's one way you could do it in my theory.

I'll give that a go, I hadn't thought of disabling anything quite like that.
Thanks for the response!

SpiderAkiraC

SpiderAkiraC

Old Mod Boss

• Premium Member
  • 612 posts

NP this was my quick source: https://www.creation...le=Magic_Effect

I'd take a look at the archery perks to get a base reference as well. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archery, stamina, combatregen, perks, scripting, script-free

Page loaded in: 1.043 seconds