Every Since i enabled modding on FNV i keep crashing every 20 minutes WHYYYY?

Noswald95

Title says it all, i'm new to modding and i though mods were suppose to make the game more enjoyable not make me break a sweat everytime there's a random stutter. For info i'm using the vortex mod manager and i've added the nvse script extender nvac patch, new vegas tick fix, new vegas stutter remover stewie tweaks and stewie tweaks ini

Here's my load order:

Base game and DLCs

YUP -base game + DLCs.esm

NewCalifornia.esm

AWSW.esm

Unofficial Patch NVSE.esp

YUP - NPC fixes (Base game + DLCs)

Just Vanilla Sprint.esm

LootMenu.esm

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Convenient Fast Travel Markers.esp

NewCalifornia DLC Control.esp

Quick Hacking-NV.esp

PipBoyCounter.esp

Riot Gear Neck Cover.esp

Sherrif Meyers.esp

New California Courier's Stash Control.esp

CCSP2_5d.esp

Centered third person camera - Unraised.esp

Conelrad 640 - 1240.esp

FPSweaponwheel.esp

ImmersiveHitReactions.esp

FO4PowerArmor

Other information:

All of the game data (except for the save files) are stored in an external hard disk and my hard drive has 22.4gb of empty space.

If the problem is how shitty vortex is and i'm better off using another mod manager, do i need uninstall all of the mods?

Did you check in the game files to ensure that NVSE, New Vegas Tick Fix, NVAC and NVSR were installed in the correct location?

What does the NVAC report tell you?

Are you loading the game through NVSE?

2. By opening nvac.log and reading it. It is is in the same folder as the .exe for the game.

3. Yes. NVSE_loader.exe. It is in the same folder as the .exe for the game. You use it to launch the game.

Please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Note that the latest version of NVTF warns you cannot use NVSR along with it.

Your NVAC report has nothing to do with your problem. That is a normal message.

* Are you using the FNV 4GB Patcher (even with the GOG version)? For FNV Steam users (and now for GOG users as well with v1.4 or later) the tool easily solves the problem of the 2GB memory limit and loading NVSE for both the game and '''GECK'''. (Older versions of the tool are deprecated. The latest version (v1.4+) now supports the GOG version for auto loading NVSE, and the "NVSE_CONFIG.INI" file does not work for the GOG version without RoyBatty's patch. Revert to the backup copy created if you did run an older version.) Run the patcher once (as "Local Administrator" if necessary) and thereafter just use the default game FalloutNV.EXE or FalloutNVLauncher.EXE as a normal user. The patched game automatically detects and launches NVSE.

How can you tell if the 4GB Patch is working?
: Look for the "Data\NVSE\NVSE_CONFIG.INI" file which for GOG users will otherwise will not get created without the "nvse_steam_loader". Check the "nvse_steam_loader.log" file (in the game root folder with the FalloutNV.EXE file) for errors.
: The [http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58277 JIP LN NVSE Plugin] has a function which can be run from the console: "GetIsLAA" (not case sensitive).
: Possible return codes:
:* 0=patch is not applied
:* 1=patch was applied to the executable, but extra memory is not being allocated
:* 2=successfully allocated extra memory from the patch and is fully working.
: If "GetIsLAA" is returning code "1", try running the game from a "Local Administrator" account. If that is succesfull, you need to move the game install location out of the "C:\Program Files" folder tree, or correct the "permissions" on it's folder if you have moved it, as you are going to have other problems down the road. Please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for details.
: Alternatively: if the Windows "Task Manager" indicates the "FalloutNV.exe" program has more than 2GB (2,000,000KB) of "Memory (Private Working Set)", then the 4GB Patcher is in effect. However, to the contrary: less does not mean it is not working. The game simply hasn't needed that much memory as yet.

For your application load error, please see also the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

* Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more but didn't change it for older games); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. With the game moved out of the default location you will not need to be running it as an "Administrator Account", which is safer. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions, is kept "up-to-date", and covers years of "lessons learned".

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent