Stolen Assets FROM SKYUI

Zanderat

Well then the SkyUI team could really show them a thing or two by porting SkyUI to Fallout 4. It would be like cosmic justice celebrated Christmas on the 4th of July.

I don't know about the UI framework, but the MCM originated from Fallout.

Anyway, can try notifying the team, but I don't know if they can be reached anymore.

Edited by Rasikko

To quote what I said when this came up in the Mod Author forums:

Another user made me aware of this a few days ago. I can say with a fair degree of certainty that it's not a direct rip of SkyUI but it is heavy inspired by it for sure.

I plan to contact Schlangster to ensure they know about it. To be frank, the only person who can decide if they want to take any kind of action is Schlangster and they may not even be upset by this. Anyone else getting worked up over it is just thriving on the drama.

Is it scummy? Maybe. Is it illegal? Probably not. Do we decide that? Nope.

[...]

I have since informed Schlangster and they've read my message. So that's all we can do for now.

Thanks, guys. You are right. Schlangster is the only one who can do anything. My intent was to put some visibility on this issue. I hate to see someone profiting off of the hard work of others.

UE4 Forum Moderator here, this is your one and ONLY WARNING:

* If you keep spamming the Q&A section, slinging insults at the Marketplace author etc, and lying about his product, you will be receiving actions against your UE4 forum accounts. Your behavior is not acceptable. I don't care about your arguments for or against this pack, your behavior is still breaking the rules of the UE4 forums and website.

Edited by n00854180t

Ok. I think the point has been made. I won't spam the QA. But it needs to be said that no one is lying about his product, though.............

Ok. I think the point has been made. I won't spam the QA. But it needs to be said that no one is lying about his product, though.............

Incorrect. You and other users have been stating that he "stole" assets from SkyUI, which is false. You'd do well not to state such things especially after admitting you know they aren't true, as you're opening yourself to legal action from the author. Just a friendly warning on that point.

Edited by n00854180t