Delay when pressing WAIT

lapinobel

Not game breaking, but annoying. Re-ran Dyndolod (not sure this is the reason btw), and now whenever I press T to wait and then ENTER, is takes about 2-3 seconds before the wait countdown starts. This used to be instant. Any idea how to fix or troubleshoot? Seems like some script delay but I'm not that technical to find out what this is.

Scripting can be, for whatever reason, be compromised by ????? which leads to script lag.

(The ?????? isn't a mistake... the cause could be anything I have no real idea of "why")

If you're seeing delays like that, try firing whatever command (T, sleep, Kissing your hawt follower, whatever), and immediately going to console mode.

For me anyway, when I notice these delays, I inevitably find entries containing the word "Lagtimer" followed by a non zero value

Often, as script lag begins to get worse, or "bad enough" even player movements will get visibly laggy.

So, my reply isn't one that will solve it for you, but at least it might illuminate you as to part of the "why" (or the "why" I suspect from my own game play >>> because scripting is compromised. Could be too many animations previously and the game engine or script engine or something else isn't purging old crud (kinda like cell buffers not being purged, leading to excessive video memory use, or dead actors not being regularly purged, etc), or it could be something else entirely. I know the symptoms but can only guess at its actual cause.

I hope others will chime in so maybe we can figure out what's going on. Can't speak for anyone else, but although I can usually solve them by getting to a player home and "chillin" for a while and then cleaning my save, if it'll even allows save at that point... these odd lags are incredibly frustrating.

Me, I suspect the scripting engine, but as to the specifics? I'm blind to the inner workings.

Unfortunately, that doesn't preclude script lagtime being the cause. Some commands run "silently" and don't report their operation to the console, and aside from SL style ones, I can't guarantee any of the more "stock" operations do.

If you're willing, try making a new save from your current game, then clean it thoroughly using fallrim tools, (i mean that in addition to the simple cleaning most of us do, "remove non-existent form instances", (don't freak at the number of entries just do it), then save the cleaned file under a new name, and try playing with that one.

PS, don't worry about that huge number you're likely to see when it asks for confirmation of clearing non-existent form instances. You're saving to a new save and leaving the original intact, so the affect of that purge is isolated to the one new save file and you still have your old one untouched just in case... This is simply an experiment to see if it might help.

I've used it ^^^^^ regularly without any discernible issues.

ymmv