[Ultrawide Users] New Higher res ultrawide not filling the screen

eliteslasher

Hi, let me explain. I have been using ultrawide for a while already so you aren't speaking to someone who doesn't know how to modify his ini so you can skip that part of the troubleshoot handbook you probably have in your mind. I have the resolution and fullscreen toggles set up already as such in my SkyrimPrefs.ini and yes, I did bother to save them :smile:

bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1440
iSize W=3440

My issue is that on my ultrawide, I switched from 1080 to 1440 recently and the game for some reason will not open to full screen. It almost seems like it is just taking up my old resolution and justifying to the upper left, with the rest of the screen being my desktop. [image below] Any ideas what could cause this?
Monitor model: AOC cu34g2x 34
GPU: 1080 TI

sZnXCS9.jpg

Yes, and after a little digging into forums I have a thought. My other 2 monitors are 1080p. Some people on these forums are mentioning that may have something to do with resizing going to the smallest resolution so I am currently looking into that. If you happen to have any other ideas or an expansion on what I am looking into if you already know. I may try and disable my other two monitors temporarily to see if it works fullscreen. Be back with an update soon as I do that.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to work. the only thing that does seem to work is if I take it off native resolution back down to 1080 ultrawide resolution which was what i had upgraded from.
This is literally the only game so far of 8 or so games I play recently that has not taken instantly to this new resolution.

ok...Is this the primary-channel monitor? I noticed that skyrim wants to use the 1st channel in my chain. (I only run 1980x1020 fwiw, not suggesting I'm running ultra wide)

And what happens if you boot with only the ultra wide physically connected? (in 3440x1440)

(don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you should normally run without your other two monitors. Its just a debug experiment)

ok...Is this the primary-channel monitor? I noticed that skyrim wants to use the 1st channel in my chain. (I only run 1980x1020 fwiw, not suggesting I'm running ultra wide)

And what happens if you boot with only the ultra wide physically connected? (in 3440x1440)

(don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you should normally run without your other two monitors. Its just a debug experiment)

Yeah. I actually tried that last night before I went to bed. Still same issue. A good thought for sure because I had the same. :P

Did you try to use the in game resolution aka ini, sometimes the default resolution sticks and does not upscale.

Ingame resolution? I am unable to access res in game actually. Would a mod be interfering with that? It's been so long since I've used vanilla I can't even remember. Maybe skyui or something?

That aside though, the "bFull Screen=1" tag should still stretch it across the monitor even if it was at a smaller resolution just as you can run other games on full screen at lower resolutions than native.

Did you try to use the in game resolution aka ini, sometimes the default resolution sticks and does not upscale.

Ingame resolution? I am unable to access res in game actually. Would a mod be interfering with that? It's been so long since I've used vanilla I can't even remember. Maybe skyui or something?

That aside though, the "bFull Screen=1" tag should still stretch it across the monitor even if it was at a smaller resolution just as you can run other games on full screen at lower resolutions than native.

I believe he's referring to one of the skyrim.ini settings. Afaik there's one that defines your game res. (HxV)