[Ultrawide Users] New Higher res ultrawide not filling the screen

eliteslasher

Did you try to use the in game resolution aka ini, sometimes the default resolution sticks and does not upscale.

Ingame resolution? I am unable to access res in game actually. Would a mod be interfering with that? It's been so long since I've used vanilla I can't even remember. Maybe skyui or something?

That aside though, the "bFull Screen=1" tag should still stretch it across the monitor even if it was at a smaller resolution just as you can run other games on full screen at lower resolutions than native.

I believe he's referring to one of the skyrim.ini settings. Afaik there's one that defines your game res. (HxV)

I'm not seeing it in there to change. I assume I am safe to add it to the display header group correct?

lemme take a look at my ini files. Can't remember exactly where but I'm pretty positive the display resoltuinon was spelled out in pixels

I'll edit this message when I find it. (if someone else doesn't beat me to the punch)

I can report that I don't see it in either skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini)

(ie in docs/my games/skyrim special edition/

I must be mistaken. Just checked all over the darned place and can't find any reference to screen resolution. Strange, I could swear I did at one time. Sorry I misled you.

CORRECTION!!!!

Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/skyrimprefs.ini

search for iSize

you'll find iSize H and iSize V

PS> can't promise that setting them to 3440 and 1440 respectively will work but it's worth a try.

CORRECTION!!!!

Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/skyrimprefs.ini

search for iSize

you'll find iSize H and iSize V

PS> can't promise that setting them to 3440 and 1440 respectively will work but it's worth a try.

Yeah I already had those ones set. I thought maybe you were meaning something in the skyrim.ini itself was overriding those :P

Oh well, gave it a shot. best of luck.

I have tried running it at 1080 ultrawide which works for fit to screen, but I really want that true 1440 not just pixel approximation.. Maybe this is just one of those games I will have to do that with until I get a solve. Sucks though because every time I change from native to 1080 it keeps messing up my desktop items. Maybe there is a solve for that too. Never before had a visual issue I haven't been able to figure out or find a solve for. This kind of bugs me. :/

Since I don't have a high res monitor, I don't recall details, but I could swear that I've read several posts that discuss how to get those large pixel count monitors working at their native resolution. If not here then at LL

I'd recommend (if you haven't) doing a wide net search (google/bing/etc) for soemthing along the lines of

skyrim special edition ultra wide

skyrim special edition 3440

etc.

*I usually make sure to employ "skyrim special edition" in any query so I don't inadvertently get LE answers that *might lead to me accidentally installing an incompatible mod