Cannot Load Recent Save Games

OblivionsLegend

I seem to remember something about the CC PipBoy skins causing issues..... There was another one as well, and it *could* have been the power armor skins, but, I just don't recall clearly.

I have a habit of moving ALL the CC content OUT of the Data folder..... Even though you are not using it, the game still reads thru all those archives at startup.... I don't know if it explores those while playing as well, or not...... But, having a 'clean' data folder has always been a good idea. :D

Do you know of any way to "unsubscribe" from the CC content altogether, so that it does not get downloaded with the game when I reinstall it or verify the game files through Steam? The fact that it's eating up some of scripting engines time at all is concerning to me. As of now I just have it all in a custom mod folder in MO2.

NOTE: I have Your saved game file, My dev environment is not generating these logs.

No, you can't unsubscribe from cc content. Either you delete the content all together or do as we have done.

So I'll send you an Invite to the latest version of MO 2 from the server to use, you make a new installation's and a portable type.

then install say xedit so you generate that md folder.

open windows up to the two mo 2 installations and drag the old mods into the newer version and launch it

this will change Profiles completely, there won't be anything to generate these things.

If it does, you need to find out where and why.

The only Other thing left for me to do for you is to offer your saved game file back completely purged of all those mods right where you left off.

Id do not know if or how much you may loose in the transaction but It sure as hell will not load Content from the creations club if your system is setup clean.

https://mega.nz/file/JCI3QIDJ#KcL4sVbNxND34SiL4-cNp85aJWbAq_I5BneZKqNtcLQ

I followed your instructions and installed the Mod Organizer version you provided. Then I transferred all of my mods into its mod folder. After I did that I ordered them the way they were previously and turned them on in groups of five. I then started the game and attempted to load the cleaned save you gave me (thank you very much for that BTW). By doing this I managed to isolate the mod that was making the save fail to load. This mod is the Baka Framework. Once I turned that mod on the game could not load the save, but after turning it off I had no issues loading it.

Here is the link to the mod in question.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43627?tab=description

I was also able to remove some of the script errors from the log by disabling a few more mods (Ultra Exterior Lighting, Better Locational Damage, Ellen Companion). I have not tested enough yet to see if the save is entirely safe from errors, but it loading is a remarkable improvement over where we were a few hours ago.

GOOD, Progress on your end ,Isolate and remove until thee are no logs generated.

I thought there might be some confusion, wasn't sure.

A development installation for any game consists of all resource data to be present ,that means My default testing platform is way bigger than yours without mods.

current is over 190 gig's in size, that just the main game and DLC content less the creation club's assets, or the other High resolution content data. that's just the game and DLC's.

The purpose is to prevent any possible errors produced by the games lack of information tools set's are designed to look for.

I also have a slap and go testing Environment that is Identical to your for general purposes.

any mods you find. Please make a list and website links into an rtf document so later on I can contact those authors and see If I can offer them any help in repairing the mistakes.

Kitty Black

downloaded 4 mods from the list you provided me

he interior and exterior from the same author needs to be merged into a single plugin from what i see here.

Points on the map will need to be reset in the Construction kit.

the other two ?

he interior and exterior from the same author needs to be merged into a single plugin from what i see here.

the other two ?

I am going to take some time to do some more testing with save you gave me. Some of the mods may only cause issue when used with other mods I have installed, so I need to see which combinations work as I introduce more mods back into the game. I'm also going to play it for a few hours to see if there are any crashes or errors in the papyrus log.

I turned off the Ellen companion mod and Better Locational Damage because they were producing errors in the log. Now that I have isolated the crashes to the Baka Framework, I will try to turn them back on and see how stable the game is.

I will inform you of my results.

the other two ?

I am going to take some time to do some more testing with save you gave me. Some of the mods may only cause issue when used with other mods I have installed, so I need to see which combinations work as I introduce more mods back into the game. I'm also going to play it for a few hours to see if there are any crashes or errors in the papyrus log.

I turned off the Ellen companion mod and Better Locational Damage because they were producing errors in the log. Now that I have isolated the crashes to the Baka Framework, I will try to turn them back on and see how stable the game is.

I will inform you of my results.

this mod (Better Locational Damage) comes with an assortment of patches and if your not careful it will install those patches less the required mods they are meant for.

So, I will down load this mods to Co Join with this mod. the sorting items " (Raider Overhaul) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9103

Super mutant Overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11853?tab=files

Agony https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25600?tab=files

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR) (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6091?tab=files)

which clearly states the following:

"This is a master file to create a standardize framework for armor so that modders can create and modify armor (like Armorsmith) while making edits compatible with mods that adjust dynamic item naming (like Valdacil's Item Sorting). Also adds a standardized set of crafting menu categories for armor/clothing/weapons and adds two workbenches for m"

Ellen is unclear as to what requirements are needed.

I will install just these mods, sort them out, make a merged patch and see what's wrong with this combination and possibly create a resolution patch for them.

This is Just an update ,I did a lot of work to fix things that were broken in a few mods from this arrangement and Eliminated the Ported content from Fallout New Vegas, wrong code pages.

there were only 2 patches there so no big deal.

Made a test for later combined mods for keyword things. How ever they are still loose formats at the moment due to a really wild dependencies requirements up and down the listed mods.

Of of this is just 4 mods in question.

So far it's extremely clean. What I can do is post the merge texts so you have an idea of whats to use. and in the order of that usage.

Every game ,every selection is going to be very different. This only applies to this setup you posted here.

Most users want to keep their mods and saved game files so I know that's an important factor, so with that I will try to maintain that arrangement for you.

try to avoid mod's with say over 100 patches? that gets a bit out of hand. it's not needed.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
AWKCR - Mod Power Armor Engine Glitch Fix.esp
FunctionalDisplays.esp
FunctionalDisplays-AID-VIS.esp
FunctionalDisplays-Collectibles.esp
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-VIS.esp
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp
FunctionalDisplays-Patch-DLC-ALL-VIS.esp
FunctionalDisplays-Patch-DLC-ALL.esp
NightstrikerCreatureMod.esp
MK_Agony.esp
MK_Agony_VIS Patch.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
SuperMutantRedux.esp
SuperMutantRedux VIS Patch.esp
SuperMutantRedux_ArmorSmithExtended.esp
SuperMutantRedux_Insanity.esp
SuperMutantRedux_VIS-G_Patch.esp
Better Locational Damage.esp
Weapons of Fate.esp
Better Cooking.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Automatron.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Far_Harbor.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Nuka_World.esp
Better Locational Damage - Valdacil's Item Sorting - Patch.esp
BLD - Leveled Lists - DLC.esp
CF_AtomicWarlord.esp
BLD_Agony_Patch.esp
Better Chems - Valdacils Item Sorting.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_WWorkshop.esp
Better Locational Damage - Ghoul Edition.esp
Better Perks - Enhanced.esp
Better VATS - 0.75.esp
BLD_CoA_Patch.esp
RaiderOverhaul.esp
Better Locational Damage_ Raider Overhaul_Valdacil_Patch.esp
UltraLighting Merged Projects.esp
ellen.esp

Edited by Purr4me

so far whats really nut's here is you had patches pointing to patches from other mods .

to patch a patch and patch that patch with yet another patch is just plain stupid.

Software watching software is your worst enemy.

so far whats really nut's here is you had patches pointing to patches from other mods .

to patch a patch and patch that patch with yet another patch is just plain stupid.

Well when I install mods the first thing I do is install patches for other mods it is known to conflict with. I usually do this by looking at the requirements section and optional files section of the mod page, and if I see a patch for a mod I have while running the installer for another mod I check the box and install that as well. I know that can cause incompatibilities if the patch is outdated or makes changes to the same things as another patch but I usually try to resolve record issues with a merged and/or bashed patch.

In other news, I have played the save for several hours now. I have visited many locations (in the base game, and the DLCs such as Nuka World), and I have not experienced a single crash. I am now adding other scripting mods such a Sim Settlements and Ellen in order to see if they cause any issues.

Well when I install mods the first thing I do is install patches for other mods it is known to conflict with. I usually do this by looking at the requirements section and optional files section of the mod page, and if I see a patch for a mod I have while running the installer for another mod I check the box and install that as well. I know that can cause incompatibilities if the patch is outdated or makes changes to the same things as another patch but I usually try to resolve record issues with a merged and/or bashed patch.

In other news, I have played the save for several hours now. I have visited many locations (in the base game, and the DLCs such as Nuka World), and I have not experienced a single crash. I am now adding other scripting mods such a Sim Settlements and Ellen in order to see if they cause any issues.

Just Don't get carried away ,the more time you invest in the game, the more you have too loose if the procedure is required again.

I have built several mods out of this, runs very clean sets of mods, and it runs with no issues, even Ellen is now behaving, still not generating any logs here.

I am going to state this in another way.. "for my own use" I rebuild every mod I download to meet the games spec's. That means all the data the code base, the form ID's are rearranged correctly from a developers point of view. Not a modders point of view.

I run applications other than what's known here to ensure compliance with any games. I do research on data, Found in mods that do not meet the specs of the game. these are usually texture's made with different applications other than the Origins the company used. I repair a ton of mesh files, and *.kf / animation files too.

A simple semi colon can make a world of difference in game. Broken or badly made mesh files or missing UV maps, or even the wrong DXT settings for rendering of the textures, their formats can cause all sorts of problems.

So you are aware, did you know Bethesda used Skyrim's assets for this game too? LOL oh yeah. and you know what that means...

maybe I'll posts some screen shots from the master file so you can see, but you have tools you can search for "skyrim" in the data files, you will find them.

I love the better hairs and eye's I can now use.

Edited by Purr4me