So, today I've been redirected to several scam sites on multiple occasions, which also made it impossible to go back (Really annoying when browsing). Trying to fill in the catalog from the FAQ:
- I'm using Windows Defender and my system seems clean. (Also this only happened on nexus, so I don't have reason to assume that's the problem)
- Ads like this have been a problem since roughly 8.00am (CET/GMT+2) today (30.5.2020), but the specific example here happened around 3pm.
- URL where I started from: here
- I live in Germany, Saxony, Leipzig
- I was browsing Fallout 4 mods and got redirected, both almost immediately and after a while having the tab in the background. The target site is clearly a (bad) scam site. ("You're the 5th billion google search." What is this? 1999?)
- Target URL: here (just censored my IP)
- Screenshot attached. (The confetti is quite violently animated.)